• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Smaller, not larger, political divisions

Started by AlanM, April 15, 2006, 09:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

"Withdrawing myself within the shell of our own State, I have long contemplated a division of it into hundreds or wards, as the most fundamental measure for securing good government, and for instilling the principles and exercise of self-government into every fibre of every member of our commonwealth." Thomas Jefferson

tracysaboe

The biggest the population of any government should be about 100 people then? I'm game for that.

Perhaps a jeffersonian Minarchist found found a town, and righten right into this city-town constitution would be that any group of people has the right to secede if the town becomes greator then 100 people.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

You also couldn't afford too many career bureaucrats for a few hundred people.  :icon_dance: :secession:

FrankChodorov

Quote from: AlanM on April 15, 2006, 09:34 AM NHFT
"Withdrawing myself within the shell of our own State, I have long contemplated a division of it into hundreds or wards, as the most fundamental measure for securing good government, and for instilling the principles and exercise of self-government into every fibre of every member of our commonwealth." Thomas Jefferson

this is the cornerstone of the Second Vermont Republic's political philosophy as described in "The Vermont Papers"...