• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Need graphics help

Started by KBCraig, May 23, 2006, 11:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

I need help from one of you graphics gurus.

I'd like to make a graphic for our trailer that says "PORC by FSP", to go with the manufacturer's "JAG by K-Z" logo:

Instead of a leaping jaguar, how about a pointing porcupine, like the PorcFest '05 logo?

But, I need to scale that up and crop the text and add my own, and save it at a large enough size to make a nice legible logo without jaggies. Preferably a white vinyl graphic for the side window, about 8" high.

I have GraphicConverter, and not much else. Any ideas, pointers, steps, or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dreepa

fourthgeek

fourthgeek

what do you think?
(the PSD version is ~20 inches wide :P)

KBCraig

Hey, that's great!

I appreciate it. I don't mind doing the work, I'm just short on tools and knowledge. Whatever software I ever had that could work with EPS has long since gone in the trash, since the days of OS 8.5 (I'm running 10.2 an upgraded B&W from 1999, but tossed all my Classic applications.)

Kevin

fourthgeek

What format do you need this in?

KBCraig

Quote from: fourthgeek on May 23, 2006, 08:03 PM NHFT

Let me check with my local graphics place, and get back to you.

Kat Kanning

AmerTownCrier

That's a great logo! Need some t-shirts? I might have a few lighter weight shirts in stock I could donate. Kat...it's your idea...you first. Give me the size and if/when the logo is finalized I'll send you a shirt. I can't beat the Keene Free Press printing rates...but I can make you a shirt!

Dreepa

ATC,

Welcome.

Do you print shirts?

We might a few ideas that we want to try.
We would buy them and then sell them as a fundraiser.

Kevin... did you ever get this on the trailer?

AmerTownCrier

Yes, I make t-shirts. It's all done withing 20 feet of my coffee maker! :) I'd be happy to make shirts for sale...but just as happy to make a few for good ideas like Kats. I'd be at the next porcfest if I could afford it. No SS# makes it hard to find work. NOTE: I get lost on all these threads. I just posted a new one...I think I titled it 'Making it easier to move' or something like that. Was it you Dreepa that gave me the instructions? If so, thank you.

Kat Kanning

That's very kind of you.  L or XL works fine for me.  Thanks!

AmerTownCrier

Good! I have an extra large. By the way...when the image is enlarged to fit a shirt...it is smudgy in places. I tried to clean it up but just to mention it to whoever made the image...it does get 'dirty' around the edges...but it does work! Also Kat...do you want it on the front or back? If I don't hear from you I'll go with the front.

Kat Kanning

Front's great.  Thanks!   :D

KBCraig

Quote from: KBCraig on May 23, 2006, 09:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: fourthgeek on May 23, 2006, 08:03 PM NHFT

Let me check with my local graphics place, and get back to you.

Wow, I totally lost track of this item on my to-do list. Maybe I'll just print an 8.5x11, laminate it, and post it on our window.

fourthgeek, do you have a version that can scale to that size?

Kevin