• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Surviving PorcFest '06

Started by Lex, June 06, 2006, 01:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on June 06, 2006, 05:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 06, 2006, 05:27 PM NHFT
Lex, One of my objections to camping in the past was:  if you we're inside, you we're kneeling, sitting or lying down.
I borrowed a dome tent with two wings when I went to Porcfest the summer before last.  The tent was pretty cheap.  It has a dome that I can easily stand up in and two wings for beds or your stuff.  I set up a small table with chairs in my dome and keep the bedin one wing and gear in the other.

brand?

I have it in storage.  I'll check on it tomorrow.  It is a cheapo.  I think it came from Walmart.

Lex

Pat K

Very nice and campmor is great my tent arrived in 2 biz. days.

Kat Kanning

Nice...that kind is easy to put up.

Dreepa

Quote from: Pat K on June 06, 2006, 06:02 PM NHFT
Unless it turns out I just hate tenting, in wich case some one will get a nice tent at a good price.

Pat I don't want you to hate camping... but maybe I will buy!

Now that I have 2 kids I need to upgrade.  My backpacking tent won't do it.

I used to never use a tent.  Just sleep on the ground(w/pad) and put a tarp over me for the rain.

Pat K

On the ground, with a tarp, damn you are hardcore.

Marcy

I haven't been camping in a couple of decades, either.  We have sleeping bags (my daughter's) and rented a tent.  I wanted a Harry Potter tent, you know, the kind that looks like a pup tent on the outside and is a 10-room house on the inside, but I think they were all out of those.

Kat Kanning

cathleeninnh

Quote from: Marcy on June 17, 2006, 04:39 AM NHFT
I haven't been camping in a couple of decades, either.  We have sleeping bags (my daughter's) and rented a tent.  I wanted a Harry Potter tent, you know, the kind that looks like a pup tent on the outside and is a 10-room house on the inside, but I think they were all out of those.

Sorry that your rented tent leaked.

Cathleen

Marcy

They promised us a Harry Potter tent.  We got a leftover from WWI, what my kid termed "retro".  Live and learn.  It was fun!