• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What happens to you in jail?

Started by TackleTheWorld, June 07, 2006, 04:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Sounds like some porcupines I know.

Dave Ridley

I love this Revere stuff.

again and again I keep seeing things like this:

"The next day at trial the judge wouldn't even accept my carefully prepared legal papers."

That was one of Revere's people talking, not revere. 

But this Revere writing should be giving us a heck of a lot of ideas.

It seems like the moral is always...don't bother mounting a legal defense or dealing with lawyers.  Just make sure you're not hurting anyone and keep refusing to do what they tell you.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Yeah any time you are asked to sign something you are giving something away.

Thanks for the link to this information... I think it points to the weakness of the "system". If 10 percent of the folks brought up on charges passively resisted and didn't give them "the sanction of the victim" we would see dramatic change.

Dave Ridley

Finally found the quote I had always been wanting to hear in its original form:

"Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison. . . .  "

- Thoreau

Dave Ridley

"If any think that their influence would be lost there, and their voices no longer afflict the ear of the State, that they would not be as an enemy within its walls, they do not know by how much truth is stronger than error, nor how much more eloquently and effectively he can combat injustice who has experienced a little in his own person." Henry David Thoreau, ON THE DUTY OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.

PowerPenguin

For more good information on this topic, check out http://anonymity-portal.us/.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: powerpenguin on June 17, 2006, 10:32 PM NHFT
http://anonymity-portal.us/
is concerned with anonimity and undercover operations.

Here's a quote I don't agree with:
Quote from: A Practical Security Handbook for Activists and CampaignsFor those who say that we shouldn?t have anything to hide or should make a principled stand on it, well we live in a world where democracy is subverted daily and the people hiding most are those in power. As long as governments and their supporting apparatus permit corruption through their closed and secretive natures then we should respond in kind for our own protection.
Respond in kind? 
But an activist working to make the world more open and honest would be acting against his own best interest.

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

Here's a nice one:

<<<One of our citizens made a sign, EMBASSY OF HEAVEN, and hung it on the bars of his cell. The jailers kept pulling it down, but he kept hanging it up again. Finally, the sign stayed up. That cell was no longer part of the world order. Our citizen had claimed it for Jesus Christ.>>

If you were to put up such a sign on a prison cell, what would it say?

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

"...it is vain to argue men's statutes."

Rev. Paul Revere, Embassy of Heaven

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: DadaOrwell on June 19, 2006, 09:37 PM NHFT
If you were to put up such a sign on a prison cell, what would it say?

American Prisoners of War

Russell Kanning

JonM

I read through a bunch of these.  Imagine how much easier their lives would be if only they lived somewhere that didn't require they drive so darn much!  Still, impressive to read the reports of their interaction with the state.