• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Call for MP3s and/or Video: FSP DVD

Started by d_goddard, June 16, 2006, 07:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

I am putting together a new edition of my FSP DVD compilation.
I plan to burn 50-100 of these in time for PorcFest, where I'll probably set them on the FSP table (if they let me) and sell them for $1/each -- all proceeds going to the FSP coffer.

I had hoped to be done at this point, but a combination of workload at my place of employment, plus technical glitches have with the DVD editing software, have put me back a few days.

SO...

If you have:
* any music that might be nice to use as background (ie, during the closing credits, opening menu, etc)
* any video that might be of interest (of course I have all Roger Grant's stuff already!)
* and you are the proper owner of the relevant intellectual property, ie you can legally (and morally) authorize that the content will be distributed on DVDs and on the internet

... then go ahead and PM or email me, or post here with the details. Please do so by Monday June 19th 6:00 AM EST at latest. Please let me know how your work should be accredited, so I can include that information in the "Credits" section of the DVD.

Sorry for the late notice -- especally sorry to "Friday", to whom I made an urgent for her video, and got it, only to now have the deadline pushed back! Friday, you're a kind and forgiving person (I hope!)

John

http://freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/let_me_call_you_home.php

You can use this if you can get it to play. I couldn't.
I wrote it, and it is me playing and singing.
Good luck,
John

d_goddard

Quote from: John on June 16, 2006, 11:30 PM NHFT
http://freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/let_me_call_you_home.php

You can use this if you can get it to play. I couldn't.
I wrote it, and it is me playing and singing.
Good luck,
John

Thanks!!
The link to the music is broken in the new FSP webpage.
I sent a note to the FSP webmaster.

John

BTW, the quality (of my singing and playing) is far less than top notch, but the song has been popular.
It ended up on the FSP site because at the 1st PorcFest some said "We need that as an anthem." (or somthing like that) . . . to me it is a love song.

d_goddard

Jon Maltz rocks -- he's fixed the link already.

And Mr. Connell, your anthem is great. This is perfect for the FSP DVD!!

John

d_goddard

John C.... my apologies.
I lved your song and it was perfect for the ending credits.
Unfortunately, I have been plagued with the most insane technical difficulties in producing this DVD update.
Suffice to say, what I hoped would be a 2-3 hour task has taken more like 30-40 hours, thanks mostly to bugs in the DVD editing software :-(

Just this morning I finally got a good working version.... that's cutting it damn close because there's just barely enough time between now & PorcFest to burn the 100+ copies I want to have ready.

In the end, I could only get a working disc by cutting out 3 bits:
* The Philosophy of Liberty -- a truly awesome, powerful animation, which worked last time, but not this time, for no known good reason
* Roger Grant's footage of the SS Card Burn -- again, I dunno why that didn't work, but the process gacked every time and every way I tried it
* Your song -- and the only reason it's not there is because I totally forgot to add it back in after having to start the whole project from scratch about the 10th time. Grrrrrr! You're even in the credits ... but the song you're credited for isn't

Oh well... it'll be in the next version, in 6 months' time!
And at least we DO have an updated disc for PorcFest!
I'll also upload it to BitTorrent before leaving to PorcFest

Dave Ridley

would you like raw tape?  can you work with DVCpro or Beta?

I have about an hour worth of raw professional-looking video of various events in 05.  It would probably be mid july before i could get to tho. 

d_goddard

Any PC-readable format is good for me, Dada: MPG, WMV, MOV, etc.
No rush -- I won't be compiling a new disc until the holiday season, after this current batch.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: d_goddard on June 20, 2006, 07:13 PM NHFT
Any PC-readable format is good for me, Dada: MPG, WMV, MOV, etc.
No rush -- I won't be compiling a new disc until the holiday season, after this current batch.

Hopefully, there can be a 3-5 min. of highlights from Porcfest 2006 in the new batch :)

d_goddard

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on June 20, 2006, 10:00 PM NHFT
Hopefully, there can be a 3-5 min. of highlights from Porcfest 2006 in the new batch :)
Absolutely!
Anybody with any digital video of the 'fest should definitely contact me once we're all back home.

Recumbent ReCycler