• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Be the media, get a job on the inside of radio, television, or print in NH!

Started by FTL_Ian, June 30, 2006, 10:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

KBCraig asked in another thread if anyone here had contacts in the NH media.  I don't know.  I do know that we should create those contacts.

Consider getting a job with a local TV, AM/FM station, or newspaper.  It's a great way to learn the business and gain skills and contacts.  Not to mention do a lot of good for the Liberty movement in NH!

It's easy to get a job in the media.  Here's the secret formula:

1.  Become an intern.  This means you will work for free.
2.  Show up on time.

These days interns get hired pretty quickly.  The internship will let you meet decision makers and learn the different roles in the business (on-air, production, traffic, promotions, engineering, programming, etc) so you can decide what is most interesting to you.

You can be the media in NH, and you don't have to invest more than your time.

Atlas

Also, if we can get some libertarians as chiefs-of-police, that'd be great to.

Dave Ridley

If you do this, get a job where you are writing.   Technicians, Photographers, video editors, etc. don't have much control over content.   A writer can do all kinds of good just by not being biased.  For instance, you constantly hear and see stories where new people tell you the "government is coming through with Federal aid" or "acting to protect us from yadda yadda..." If all you did was write, instead , that they have passed a new law that is *intended* to protect...that would be a heck of an improvement. 

FTL_Ian

Quote from: FSP-Rebel on July 01, 2006, 04:04 PM NHFT

Wow, that's totally unrelated to this thread, but yes, that would be great.

KBCraig

Lancaster is seeking a chief of police. We saw the ad in the local paper while we were at PorcFest.

Mary tried to get me to apply, but there's the little issue that I don't meet the basic job requirements.

AlanM

Quote from: KBCraig on July 01, 2006, 10:39 PM NHFT

Lancaster is seeking a chief of police. We saw the ad in the local paper while we were at PorcFest.

Mary tried to get me to apply, but there's the little issue that I don't meet the basic job requirements.

Kevin, you have the requirements that truely matter: Knowledge and understanding of the Constitution, the NH Constitution, firearms. That's all that matters.