• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Local fireworks ordinances?

Started by KBCraig, July 05, 2006, 02:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

While reading the newspapers online, I've seen several entries in the police logs about callers reporting fireworks being discharged. Are there local ordinances against discharging fireworks?

Of course, there are also lots of calls about things that are perfectly legal. Like:
-A High Street resident called to report a black and silver truck circling the street.
-A female called to report seeing a male on Grafton Street with a gun talking to a female.
-A caller reported a van in the wooded area behind the Irving Mainway. It proved to contain two males eating McDonald's food for lunch and waiting for a friend who was having a job interview nearby.
-A Berlin resident wanted to speak with an officer about a family matter. A family member was moving to Gorham.
-A Corrigan Street resident complained about motorcycle fumes and noises from a neighbor. An officer restored peace.
-A Promenade resident reported his dog was loose and called two and a half hours later to say the dog was back.

High crimes and misdemeanors in Co?s County.  ;D

cathleeninnh

I haven't looked up any fireworks prohibitions, but after 2 years in NH, I can say NH loves fireworks. In Nashua, 2 years ago, there were large visible displays every Thursday(I think) night for 5 straight weeks visible from our hotel room. In downtown Manchester, the neighbor children used fireworks almost weekly in parking lots with no complaints or police interference that I know of. Here in Derry last night, I never have seen so much family fun with fireworks while waiting for the community display. All vehicular traffic down our street including police patrols, rolled slowly around and among the burning, spraying, shooting, banging fireworks and playing children.

Some particular kinds may not be legal here, if I recall correctly, but the enjoyment sems to be encouraged.

Cathleen

aries

Where do you read the police log at?

KBCraig

Quote from: aries on July 05, 2006, 04:12 PM NHFT
Where do you read the police log at?

At the Berlin Daily Sun, but they don't keep archives. Those are from today's edition.