• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Talk Live on WGIR in Manchester?

Started by Dave Ridley, February 16, 2005, 01:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I think maybe from what I"m hearing Ian is having some progress with WGIR in Manchester, getting them to run Free Talk Live.   Maybe it would be good to call their program director and make the pitch; I emailed him a few times over the last couple weeks and may do so again whenever FTL has some new accomplishment. 

You can contact the program Director, Shardan Sandoval,  at ShardanSandoval at clearchannel dot com
Or phone him at  603.623.6397  - that will take you to the newsroom but you can ask to be patched in to him.

Also I was wondering if maybe we could get to thinking about radio ads we might want to run on WGIR during FTL -  if we can commit to doing some of these that might help sway WGIR to run FTL>   Presumably we could run our Escape Public School ad there although it might be the wrong demo, FTL may be to "old"  demo to reach a lot of high schoolers.   But whatever they do reach we could build an ad for.

Ideas?

Kat Kanning

I wrote to that person a while back but don't recall what he/she said.

Russell Kanning

I am sure they would drum up some excitement in Manchester. :)

FTL_Ian

Mr. Sandoval is currently auditioning some "local talent" to replace Dr. Laura at night.  I emailed him today letting him know that sooner or later we WILL be local talent.  Anyway, he does appreciate the contacts you guys are making.  He told me as much.

He has a demo cd and as of yesterday had not listened to it.  I am scheduled to call him on Monday to follow up.

In regards to running ads, that's a great way to get some bonus points, and while FTL does skew younger, it's difficult to get high schoolers on talk radio, period.  Though there are some...

For the record, WGIR (Manchester, Nashua, Concord) also simulcasts on WGIN 930 AM (Rochester, Dover, Portsmouth).  It would be a major success to get on this station.

Kat Kanning

Getting rid of Dr. Laura is always a good thing.

danhynes

I wish I was a local person there, I want to be on the radio too >:D

Scott Roth

Then you better get up here, Dan.  We need you here with us! ;D

Dave Ridley

Dan the Concord talk radio station was also looking for talent as of 1 month ago.

FTL_Ian

WGIR Update:

Spoke with Shardan today.

Good News:  He likes the show.  He likes how we target a younger audience.

Bad News:  He has decided to put Phill Hendrie on from 7-10 instead.

He asked me to keep in touch, and I'm scheduled to check in with him in August.  Still sounds like a positive lead.

Thanks to all of you who made phone calls and sent emails.  Your efforts did not go unnoticed, and this is far from over.  If you'd like to contact him again, I can't tell you it will help at this point, but it can't hurt.

Other news:  I have verbal commitment from a talker in NH for the Saturday night show.  It's going to take a few weeks to get everything worked out, but as soon as it's official, I'll clue you guys in.

Russell Kanning

Isn't phil hendry that annoying guy from KFI in LA?

Pat K

Quote from: katdillon on February 16, 2005, 08:10 PM NHFT
Getting rid of Dr. Laura is always a good thing.

The fact that anyone would call this um ah um= thing= for advice, just shows how low we have sunk.

intergraph19

I don't like Phill Hendry, he does those annoying Crotaslim commercials on the radio.  I could be local talent!  I'd LOVE to do talk radio, I could talk forever!  Course, would anyone want to hear me would be the question...

Russell Kanning

Does Phill Hendry have a national show now....he use to just do local LA stuff with his silly voices where he interviews fake people. ::)
FTLive would be much better....they actually talk about NH and would get NH call-ins 8)

FTL_Ian

Phil is syndicated out of LA, and has been for a number of years.  I don't know why Shardan decided to make the decision to move him to 7-10, as he already had Phill on live from 10-1...

Oh well, guess it's time to call the competition.

Dave Ridley

Well it would probably be appropriate for a new batch of us to contact WGIR after they start running Phil....and asking for something different!