• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FSP Road Signs

Started by Kat Kanning, July 09, 2006, 05:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

The yard signs would work good in MA  :D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 11, 2006, 04:52 AM NHFT
i'd say put them all up in mass.  the people there can pretty easily move, they all live under tyrrany, and only maybe 1 in 10 have ever heard of us. 
One of the original ideas was to have a fun sign a long ways away from NH.

JonM

Those who are older than me may remember Burma Shave road signs.

Or if you saw the World's Fastest Indian, they featured them in there as well.  Good movie, go rent it.

For a brief history, read:
http://www.snopes.com/business/market/mars.asp

We could revive that sort of road sign advertising.

Dreepa

Quote from: Jon Maltz on July 11, 2006, 10:31 AM NHFT
Those who are older than me may remember Burma Shave road signs.

A farmer has installed some of those old Burma Shave signs on his place in Tuftonboro.  I saw them last week. Pretty cool.

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on July 09, 2006, 05:14 PM NHFT
We're going to try and get it together to put up some freeway signs for the FSP.  Truck drivers & others will see them out in the middle of nowhere.  We're thinking a series of small signs amounting to "Only 2000 miles to the Free State...freestateproject.org" or some such thing.  Russell's dad travels around the large highways in KS and other midwest states.  He's asking his dad to locate a farmer who'd let us put up the signs on his land for cheap or free.  We'd take up a collection to pay for the sign making and rent and such.

The other thought was to have small yard signs that people could buy and put up in their yards.  They could use a marker to put in the mileage from their home to the free state.  Maybe sell them on the FSP website.

What do you think?  Would you want to help make this happen?

I think people would be willing to put these signs in their yards for FREE. If I were not in NH I certainly would. I mean especially the folks who sympathize but can't yet or ever move.

Dave Ridley

might be fun to have something near the big dig making fun of all their wasted spending and safety challenged results.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 12, 2006, 05:58 AM NHFT
might be fun to have something near the big dig making fun of all their wasted spending and safety challenged results.

I don't know.  Once you move to NH you may not stop using that road.  It leads to a great airport that is very close to southern NH.

Lloyd Danforth

Complaining about infrastructure and taking advantage of the infrastructure you paid for is not inconsistant.    Also, the airport was there before the 'Big Dig'.

JonM

Someone calling the Howie Carr show suggested the put a warning sign at the entrance to the tunnel showing ceiling tiles falling on cars, like the NH road signs warning of rocks falling from mountains.

Lloyd Danforth

What is the 'international symbol' for falling tiles?

JonM

I'm not sure, but I think it involves $ signs with wings flying away.

CNHT

Quote from: Jon Maltz on July 12, 2006, 07:34 AM NHFT

LOL! Don't forget Keith, we have Manchester Airport which is super as well, and more and more airlines have flights going in and out. Although not yet the nice cheap fares to NY from JetBlue which I use on weekends.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: CNHT on July 12, 2006, 07:35 AM NHFT

LOL! Don't forget Keith, we have Manchester Airport which is super as well, and more and more airlines have flights going in and out. Although not yet the nice cheap fares to NY from JetBlue which I use on weekends.

Yes, I've used Man more than I've used Boston.  It is just that Boston is bigger and better :)

Dreepa

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on July 12, 2006, 07:42 AM NHFT
It is just that Boston is bigger and better :)

It is bigger.. but better?
If you fly a lot you will end up hating certain airports:
Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Boston and I could go on.
MHT is nice and small!

CNHT

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on July 12, 2006, 07:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on July 12, 2006, 07:35 AM NHFT

Yes, I've used Man more than I've used Boston.  It is just that Boston is bigger and better :)

We like Man cuz it's not so big and easier to get to. For example, my uncle came from Cali on a two stop flight just so my 84 year old parents would not have to drive into Boston to pick him up. If you are not on a strict schedule this is a good thing, but like I said, the Jet Blue has yet to extend their network there with their new $40 flights to NYC which have been a boon to me.