• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

York bans ice cream trucks?

Started by Dave Ridley, July 26, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

Seems like a trend in communities, banning things that impede with children's safety, mostly by banning their fun.

I never had an ice cream truck... the only places I've lived have been far too rural.

lildog

The area I grew up in back in NY had them.  The city bought a whole fleet and then drove them around selling low cost ice cream in poor areas of town.

After a while you?d hear the stories of kids running out into traffic when they hear the ding a ling song so after a short period the city told all the trucks they had to turn off the music.  This lead to a huge drop in business (since kids no longer knew when the truck was passing by) so the city chose to stop the ice cream truck business since it became a larger drain on tax payers then it started off being.

This was the same NY upstate city that in all its brilliance built a moat with bridges around a large section of it?s down town in an effort to revitalize it and make it more main street USA.  They then bought a fleet of peddle boats that they hoped to rent out for people who wished to peddle around down town through the moat.  This lasted less then a year since homeless people started peeing and bathing in the moat, it became polluted in no time full of drug needles etc and needless to say the peddle boat business wasn?t going over well.  So less then a year later they filled in the entire moat with concrete.

But back to the topic, Merrimack has ice trucks here in NH.  Not government run that I'm aware of.

9thmoon

As much as I hate ice cream trucks, they shouldn't be banned.

I should just be able to shoot them if they come on my property.