• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Eminent Domain for Private Use Taking in Madison!!!

Started by CNHT, August 02, 2006, 03:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 03, 2006, 05:37 PM NHFT
could use a list of perpetrators and their contact info.  Would like to at least make some calls and ask some questions, then post their answers here.

I guess you could start with the town offices in Madison.

Dave Ridley

SELECTMEN?S OFFICE
Melissa Shackford Arias, Administrator

Susan Stacey, Administrator
367-4332

HOURS:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri    8:00 am ? 4:00 pm

SELECTMEN
John Arruda - Chairman
367-4332 (at town hall)
home addie and phone did not show up on a verizon search

Josh L. Shackford
367-4332 (town office)
home contact info according to verizon:
Josh  Shackford
59 Maple Grove Rd
Madison, NH 03849-5726
(603) 367-8864

Michael R. Brooks
at town hall 367-4332
at home:
Michael & Cheryl  Brooks
30 Goe Hill Rd
Madison, NH 03849-4201
(603) 367-8656

CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Robert Babine (Tues, Wed, Fri, 8 am - 11 am)
367-4332 x309

Building Permit Required 

POLICE
EMERGENCY

Madison Police ? Non-emergency
367-8334

Police Chief ? John Pickering
367-8334

TOWN CLERK/TAX COLLECTOR
Marcia E. Shackford: e-mail clerk@madison-nh.org
367-9931

HOURS:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri    8:00 am ? 4:00 pm

Town Hall (cannot issue seasonal campfire permits)
367-4332
ROAD AGENT
William Chick
367-8233

RECREATION DEPT.
Annette Libby (Part-Time Director)
367-4332 x306

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Ruger Mason on August 03, 2006, 11:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on August 03, 2006, 09:22 AM NHFT
Wrong: They cannot just come and take your property, out in the wilderness, and make it so the public can stomp all over it within 6 feet of your front door! If we allow this, we may as well give everything we own to the gov't. What is wrong with you????

Why not?  That's exactly what eminent domain is.  If the city wanted to take my front lawn and build a public parking lot so people can park all over it right up to my doorstep, they have the legal authority (but certainly not the moral authority) to do so.

that is because the justfication for taking something out of the natural commons and into exclusive private use is that it will enhance the common good (privately cultivated lands can support 100X more people's needs then uncultivated) and so the reciprocal must be true...

sometimes it enhances the common good to recind something that was private exclusive use and return it back to a common right of way.

CNHT

Quote from: FrankChodorov on August 04, 2006, 10:52 PM NHFT
Wrong: They cannot just come and take your property, out in the wilderness, and make it so the public can stomp all over it within 6 feet of your front door! If we allow this, we may as well give everything we own to the gov't. What is wrong with you????

Why not?  That's exactly what eminent domain is.  If the city wanted to take my front lawn and build a public parking lot so people can park all over it right up to my doorstep, they have the legal authority (but certainly not the moral authority) to do so.

that is because the justfication for taking something out of the natural commons and into exclusive private use is that it will enhance the common good (privately cultivated lands can support 100X more people's needs then uncultivated) and so the reciprocal must be true...

sometimes it enhances the common good to recind something that was private exclusive use and return it back to a common right of way.

IT WAS NEVER A COMMON RIGHT OF WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE which is a small detail you are missing...and stealing someone's land is NEVER for the 'common good'.

Why don't you please just move to Vermont where they like this stuff?

FrankChodorov

Quote from: CNHT on August 04, 2006, 11:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on August 04, 2006, 10:52 PM NHFT

IT WAS NEVER A COMMON RIGHT OF WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE which is a small detail you are missing...and stealing someone's land is NEVER for the 'common good'.

all private land started out owned in common as an individual equal access opportunity "right of way" so long as you don't infringe on the equal rights of others to the same...

only if they are fairly compensated can it be taken - that is market rate not personal utility (the same that is used for property tax assessment).

CNHT

Quote from: FrankChodorov on August 04, 2006, 11:40 PM NHFT
all private land started out owned in common as an individual equal access opportunity "right of way" so long as you don't infringe on the equal rights of others to the same...

only if they are fairly compensated can it be taken - that is market rate not personal utility (the same that is used for property tax assessment).

The fact that you could defend the theft of land by gov't of an individual is absolutely DESPICABLE and I doubt you would let it happen to you.

You are despicable....I'll say it again.  There is no amount of money, let alone FREE as they want it that would compensate for the loss of use of a person's property. This is a total usurpation of property rights.

Perhaps I'll just come up to where you live  and run my pickup across your front lawn 3 feet from your front each day claiming right of public access and see how you feel about it.

(Where's Lauren when we need her..  :))

Minsk

Quote from: CNHT on August 04, 2006, 11:46 PM NHFT
Perhaps I'll just come up to where you live  and run my pickup across your front lawn 3 feet from your front each day claiming right of public access and see how you feel about it.

Don't sweat it. Geo-communists are just like libertarians, except they want to gouge everyone for property taxes and have to buy really solid fences to get any private land. (Objections to the geo-commie label should really go in another thread. IMO, it's more honest to emphasize "all land in common" than "they're pro-liberty and pro-property, except for anything involving land and resources, where you must kowtoe to the alleged beurocratic representation of the common good")

Is there any organization that collects similar property-right abuses in NH? When I set up myself and/or my business, knowing which towns are controlled by petty despotic tyrants would be useful. I've had quite enough of that sort of corruption while *not* in NH.

FrankChodorov

QuoteThere is no amount of money, let alone FREE as they want it that would compensate for the loss of use of a person's property.

you are confusing market value and personal utility value...

CNHT

Quote from: FrankChodorov on August 05, 2006, 06:22 AM NHFT
QuoteThere is no amount of money, let alone FREE as they want it that would compensate for the loss of use of a person's property.

you are confusing market value and personal utility value...

You have no clue what freedom is all about.

I'm sure you'd be the first one screaming about your private property.

That's called a hypocrite.

You and the public have no right, collective or otherwise, to my property.

tracysaboe

Can some moderator type person, come through and either delete all these thread hijackings, or move then to "Georism ad nausism" in the forum. They used to do that.

Banning him doesn't work. He's already violated Kat's "labor based" property rights by coming back once after being banned. (Actually this is his third handle on this board, but I think the 2nd one he just got bored with and left on its own.)

Tracy

CNHT

Quote from: tracysaboe on August 05, 2006, 01:07 PM NHFT
Can some moderator type person, come through and either delete all these thread hijackings, or move then to "Georism ad nausism" in the forum. They used to do that.

Banning him doesn't work. He's already violated Kat's "labor based" property rights by coming back once after being banned. (Actually this is his third handle on this board.)

Tracy

Really? I had no idea he'd been banned from this board before. I would not want to bother Kat with that right now, but rather than wait for him to be banned, I will simply refrain from participation as my form of protest.

Arrest me.  >:D

Dave Ridley

jane from the list above who do you consider the good guys and the bad guys?

CNHT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 05, 2006, 02:36 PM NHFT
jane from the list above who do you consider the good guys and the bad guys?

Dave, why not get in touch with Sam directly and ask him for those details? This is just a typical case of governmental inbreeding in the town and it can really destroy people.
I'll PM you.

Dave Ridley

jane could you pm me sam's contact info, assuming you have his permission? Or give him mine if you like

Dave Ridley

i called 2 of the selectmen and left msgs.  just told them I was with  NHFree.com and had questions about the sam bourne case.