• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dartmouth area

Started by aries, August 06, 2006, 10:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Braddogg

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on December 28, 2006, 03:39 PM NHFT
Cool!  Thanks Kat, I joined the Yahoo group and I'll post there to see if anyone wants to come.

David, you should come up 1/14 if you're free, maybe some others will want to join us too!

Okay, I'll be there!  I've got to get back to Boston by 7:00 or so; my roommates are coming back from break early and we're all going to watch the season premier of 24 together.  It's a Spring semester roommate tradition.  We drink Jack Daniels while watching Jack Bauer: Jack and Jack and Diet Coke Mondays  8)

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Braddogg on December 28, 2006, 03:46 PM NHFT
Okay, I'll be there!  I've got to get back to Boston by 7:00 or so; my roommates are coming back from break early and we're all going to watch the season premier of 24 together.  It's a Spring semester roommate tradition.  We drink Jack Daniels while watching Jack Bauer: Jack and Jack and Diet Coke Mondays  8)

Sweet!  Or we could make it 1/13 if that's more convenient for you, makes no difference to me and so far nobody else has said they were going to show up...

Did you know there's a bus that goes back and forth between Dartmouth and Boston? ~$45 round trip, and it runs every 2 hours.  :D http://www.concordtrailways.com/dartmouth_coach.htm

error

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on December 28, 2006, 04:16 PM NHFT
Did you know there's a bus that goes back and forth between Dartmouth and Boston? ~$45 round trip, and it runs every 2 hours.  :D http://www.concordtrailways.com/dartmouth_coach.htm

Yes, I know, and I hate them.

the_liberty_belle

Hmm, didn't know about that... kind of weird that they would make you show ID.  What is this preoccupation with ID cards?  Just because you don't have an ID card it automatically makes you a threat of some kind?

Has anyone ever tried to board the Dartmouth Coach without ID?  How about saying that you just lost your wallet and don't have your ID on you?

Caleb

well, I can't go on the 14th because that's the Monadnock meeting, but I can go a different day.  I'll volunteer Lex and family to show up too.  ;D

Caleb

What would you guys think about the 7th or the 21st? 

A short list of possible attendees:

Lex and Anna
the Babiarz
Mike Lowery

anyone else in Dartmouth area?

the_liberty_belle

Hi Caleb,
The 21st sounds good!  Whenever you guys can make it... weekends are usually the best time for me.
It will be great to meet you all. :D
Stephanie

Caleb

Ok, I've added it to the calendar.  Now we just have to figure out time and place.  Where's that sushi place, belle?

Lex

Sushi is a bit pricey. Are there other places that would work? How about Weathervane?

the_liberty_belle

Thanks, Caleb!

This is the restaurant I had suggested before: http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=10379974

It's called Yama and it's in West Lebanon (same as Lebanon).  It is very affordable, especially for sushi/sashimi, and great quality.  They also serve Korean food.  They have lunch specials for about $6 and they are good!  The owners are two very nice ladies from South Korea.  It's my favorite place to eat around here. 

Of course, any restaurant would be cheaper if we didn't have the damn 8% tax.

I have never been to Weathervane, where's that?

It's probably better for me if we meet for lunch, but I don't have any preference as to the time. 

Lex