• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcs Moving

Started by ravelkinbow, August 08, 2006, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ravelkinbow

August 26th at 10am or earlier if you like...old porcs and One new one just in from Texas moving to our new Home in Andover, NH
33 minutes north of Concord
any and all help will be appreciated  :)

Friday

I'll be there.  :homework:  (closest thing I could find to a stuff-moving emoticon)

Kat Kanning

ravelkinbow

:sign10: to funny :sign10:

Thank you we will appreciate the help!

Kat Kanning

Its caption should be:  quick, hide...it's another heavy couch!

KBCraig

You'll be pleased to know we got rid of our heavy couch, before the move. It was a Mayo queen sleeper, huge, and heavy. We barely managed to wrestle it to the curb, much less onto a truck to NH.

The recliner we also booted out went quickly, the first day. On the third day, I was ready to put a out a "Couch for sale: $500" sign, but, luckily, someone took us up on the "free" sign that very afternoon.

Now our living room furniture consists of two matching love seats and a small corner entertainment center. And book cases, of course. And a big parrot cage. And a small turtle tank. And...

Dayum. We really gotta get busy paring down our "stuff".

Big garage sale coming up in Nash, Texas.  :-\

Lloyd Danforth

Think: 'Rataan'  and 'Wicker'  in all of your furniture purchases, untill you move into the last place you're going to live. ;D

9thmoon

No kidding!  I've been looking at all the people here who could use some free furniture and household stuff, and here I am about as far from NH as you can get and still be in the continental US, and I'm jettisoning stuff left and right because I don't want to pay a moving company to haul it 3200 miles in a month!

cathleeninnh

Don't hesitate to gid rid of stuff. Even stuff you may want again. Not packing it, not paying for transport is worth alot. And on top of it, your flexibility is increased in making the many decisions necessary when relocating. Replacing stuff can be done slowly.

Some of us will do what we can for movers with needs.

Cathleen

BillyC

Thankfully this is our last move into our forever house  :)

Pat K

Quote from: cathleeninnh on August 10, 2006, 11:37 AM NHFT
Don't hesitate to gid rid of stuff. Even stuff you may want again. Not packing it, not paying for transport is worth alot. And on top of it, your flexibility is increased in making the many decisions necessary when relocating. Replacing stuff can be done slowly.

Some of us will do what we can for movers with needs.

Cathleen

Even my Under Dog secret decoder ring ?

cathleeninnh

Quote from: BillyC on August 10, 2006, 08:57 PM NHFT
Thankfully this is our last move into our forever house  :)

The last time I heard that statement it was from Mike F in Newmarket.

Cathleen

Pat McCotter

This isn't a hijacking but... because of a rent increase Gloria and I will be moving, AGAIN!

The strangest thing is, though, we are moving into the house vacated by Jenn and Billy - hence the non-hijacking of this thread.

The problem is - logistics. Can we raise enough folks to do two moves in one weekend? Both families will have trucks. Their move is from Concord to Andover. Our move is in town - AGAIN!

The only sure thing logistically is - they have to move out first.

Is it all one day or one family one day and the other the next? Let's hear your thoughts.

cathleeninnh

Musical houses? I'm sorry that the 26th is not a good day for us.

Cathleen

ravelkinbow

The McCotters are moving on the 27th ours is the 26th...anyone who can help please let me know.
We will of course have beer and pizza and whatever else I can dig up after the move at our new home in Andover!

By the way,,,,,my brother is liking the freestate!  And Glad he made the move..and yes dadda he signed the first 1000 along with my step-father and mother who will be moving within the next year.   :)