• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

WTF?? Hillary and Sununu demand "safer cars"

Started by KBCraig, August 10, 2006, 02:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

9thmoon

Nope!  Washington State requires after-market installation of seat belts in classic cars except when it can be documented that the vehicle in question is a collector's item and that the monetary value of the car would be diminished by such modifications, and even then you must certify that the car is used only for show purposes and it is only permitted to be operated on public roadways to and from shows, exhibits, parades, and events of that nature. 

burnthebeautiful

I wondered about how seatbelt laws applied to older cars when I was in NH. I assumed seatbelt laws banned driving without a seatbelt, period, and that therefore driving antique cars was illegal in every state except NH.

John

See how far the government-knows-best thinking has brought us?
Thanks to Mr. Sununu (and his party) for more, and more, and more control from Washington.

Dude - Mr. Sununu - please.  Have you been in Washington too long?
Have you been hanging around with the "elite" too long?
What ever happened to New Hampsire values?
What kind of government-knows-best thinking is this?

Please check your spirit.  We like you, but can not tolerate BS.
We want/need you to defend us from Washington not make us slaves to her.

FTL_Ian

Braddogg

Quote from: aries on August 11, 2006, 08:09 AM NHFT
And on a completely unrelated note, Fox News is talking about houses raided in Waltham, and how Manchester airport is going to beef up security again... it took me a while to figure out this was England they were talking about.

Ah, those sneaky Brits, stealing the names of our towns!

aries

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on August 11, 2006, 08:44 PM NHFT
I wondered about how seatbelt laws applied to older cars when I was in NH. I assumed seatbelt laws banned driving without a seatbelt, period, and that therefore driving antique cars was illegal in every state except NH.

I guess as you can see it varies by state how the execute it, exempting antiques in some places.

I think it's funny the one thing kids ride most - a school bus, doesnt have a seatbelt but for the driver

aries

Quote from: Braddogg on August 12, 2006, 12:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: aries on August 11, 2006, 08:09 AM NHFT
And on a completely unrelated note, Fox News is talking about houses raided in Waltham, and how Manchester airport is going to beef up security again... it took me a while to figure out this was England they were talking about.

Ah, those sneaky Brits, stealing the names of our towns!
Not to mention our language.
Probably where they got them from.

It's funny but chances are better than not that if you live in NH, your town also exists in England.

estoves

Quote from: aries on August 12, 2006, 09:02 AM NHFT

I guess as you can see it varies by state how the execute it, exempting antiques in some places.

I think it's funny the one thing kids ride most - a school bus, doesnt have a seatbelt but for the driver

Are there seatbelts for the kids?

Jared

she can do whatever she wants to do to make her car safer. JUST STAY AWAY FROM MINE YOU DAMN SICKOS  >:(

Pat McCotter

Quote from: estoves on August 12, 2006, 02:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on August 12, 2006, 09:02 AM NHFT

Are there seatbelts for the kids?

Some states and/or school systems mandate belts, others don't.

aries

aries

Quote from: Pat McCotter on August 12, 2006, 02:23 PM NHFT
Some states and/or school systems mandate belts, others don't.

I see. I've never been on a schoolbus with seatbelts

Braddogg

Quote from: aries on August 12, 2006, 09:04 AM NHFT
It's funny but chances are better than not that if you live in NH, your town also exists in England.

I lived in Tewksbury, MA, while growing up, and every few years our church would get visitors from our "sister church" in Tewksbury, England.

aries

Quote from: Braddogg on August 12, 2006, 08:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on August 12, 2006, 09:04 AM NHFT

I lived in Tewksbury, MA, while growing up, and every few years our church would get visitors from our "sister church" in Tewksbury, England.

Interesting :)

I'm looking up towns here. Naturally we've got Northumberland and Lancaster... there is a Littleton, Hampshire, UK... as opposed to Littleton New Hampshire, USA

John

OK! This is much more fun than thinking about John & Hillary in bed together.  (But what wouldn't be?)

I figure Merry Old England has a Nottingham.
A CD called  "Nottingham Ale - Tavern Music from Colonial Williamsburg" is nice and has a song called Nottingham Ale taken from Thomas Jefferson's "two volumes of drinking songs."

. . . Nottingham ale boys
Nottingham ale
No liquor on earth is like Nottingham ale . . .