• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

That's New Hampshire

Started by Kat Kanning, August 16, 2006, 01:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

LOL...the little neighbor girl just came over and bent my ear for a while about New Hampshire supposedly being the Live Free or Die state, but they have all these stupid laws and rules that don't help anybody.  She was complaining mostly about some law that doesn't allow you to babysit unless you're 18.  Never heard that one, but it sure was funny to get a big rant like that out of a 14 year old girl.

Bruehound

I hope you offered her a Paper Route, Kat.

BTW I'm praying for a good outcome for you & Russell tomorrow.

Scott

Marcy

Kat -- you need to educate her.  There is no NH law forbidding kids under age 18 from babysitting.  There was an attempt at such a law last year  (HB 1557), but it was determined inexpedient to legislate.   One thing we can do for freedom is not believe laws (exercise of government power) governing particular things exist unless we know it to be so.  Poor kid could conceivably give up on a nice little babysitting business simply because she believes the law forbids it.  Sad.

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Bruehound on August 16, 2006, 05:12 PM NHFT
I hope you offered her a Paper Route, Kat.

BTW I'm praying for a good outcome for you & Russell tomorrow.

Scott

Outcome for what tomorrow?  ???

Kat Kanning

Russell's sentencing hearing is tomorrow.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on August 16, 2006, 08:50 PM NHFT
Russell's sentencing hearing is tomorrow.

I thought it was on September 5th!