• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Alternative Dispute Resolution

Started by Pat McCotter, August 20, 2006, 08:01 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

[I know this is not private court but...]

NH Alternative Dispute Resolution
Settling Differences Out of Court

The New Hampshire Court system offers several Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Programs which experience has shown can save time and money both for the parties involved and the Courts.  These Alternative Dispute Resolution processes are less formal and provide the parties with a greater determination in the outcome, which increases party satisfaction.  These processes also allow for the early disposition of cases without having to go through a full trial discovery process, which saves the parties significant expense and conserves scarce judicial resources.

Parties to civil lawsuits in all counties are required to participate in the ADR program, before their cases are scheduled for trial.

About Mediation

Civil Mediation in the Superior Court

Marital Mediation in the Superior Court and Family Division

Marital Neutral Evaluation in the Superior and Family Division

Probate Court Mediation

Small Claims Mediation

Mediator Evaluation Forms

Braddogg

Think we could get liberty-lovers in NH to agree to use mediation instead of the government courts?

Minsk

Quote from: Braddogg on August 21, 2006, 12:38 AM NHFT
Think we could get liberty-lovers in NH to agree to use mediation instead of the government courts?

Could certainly do it for civil issues, especially with a registry of people who are willing to waive any right to a government court (so you can easily reward those people by doing business with them). For criminal law, I think it would be limited to cases where the victim can refuse to press charges and go to a private organization. I assume murders are automatically investigated by the state, any other classes of crime?

Seems like combining an insurance company with the existing ADR system would be relatively effective. The company would maintain a reserve for the expense of hiring investigators and arranging mediation, and provide or contribute to a public registry of known offenders. If you think the fur flying when a registered sex offender moves into a community is serious, wait until it is someone found guilty of robbing and murdering his prior neighbors...

Kat Kanning

Some of us already have.

Freedom Friend Tuath
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=2305.0
http://www.freewebs.com/freedomfriendstuath/

Minsk

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 21, 2006, 05:09 AM NHFT

Some of us already have.

One of these days I'll learn to think smaller or do a better job finding other people's realistic and functional approaches. That's a good resolution for next year, and I'm sure someone'll tell me if I venture beyond mildly annoying before then. For the moment I'll just aim for more time working and less time reading/posting.

<edit>I'm not going anywhere. And that's not nearly as self-conscious as it sounds -- though I'll have to remember the blimb-sized ego is not so visible over a network connection ;)</edit>

Kat Kanning

Braddogg

Minsk, you had some good ideas; don't leave us!

Kat, any idea how many people are in the Tuath?

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

We haven't promoted the tuath very much. As with the FSP, I think the tuath's true success will require someone to write one or more books about the concept in order to inform the liberty movement of the concept. It's very difficult for some people to understand what a tuath is. *shrug*

citizen_142002

An article explaining these alternatives would be great in KFP. I'd write it, but I already have my heart set on another article for next issue.