• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Report from my "raid" on Nashua PD

Started by Dave Ridley, August 26, 2006, 03:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankChodorov

QuoteHe maintained a polite demeanor but said basically:  "Well you can feel free to demonstrate on the sidewalks out by the road and all, but you can't stay here.  It's a place of business and I"m going to have to ask you to leave.  I appreciate what you're trying to do.  But this could be considered criminal trespass and I could arrest you.   I don't know if that's what you want... I hope not because I have an easy day ahead of me and don't want to have to go to the trouble."

it is interesting how this is similar and different than Russell's action.

#1 similarities...

once again a public official confirming that you don't have a free speech right in collectively owned building where you may potentially disrupt the business being transacted there - while you do out on the sidewalk as we all have an equal access right of way in common which allows all the other common rights - speech, assembly, passage, etc.

#2 differences...

not announcing publically what you are going to do...
not being purposely disruptive...

did you carry the sign in openly?

I wonder what would happen if you had the same printed material on a t-shirt as you did on your sign and you just took off a coat and stood there...

if you look at what Medea Benjamin (code pink) did at the Iraqi president's address - she just stood up and took off her coat with a message printed on the front of her t-shirt for everyone to read.

it was only when the authorities came to take her away she started shouting...

John

"did you carry the sign in openly?

Love that question!   :)

John

Realy, the question made my day.
Frank, thanks for being here.  That was GREAT.

FrankChodorov

hmmm...I wonder if he was openly carrying too!

Braddogg

Standing in the middle of a police department carrying a sign isn't disruptive, but walking up the stairs to hand out a handful of flyers at an IRS building is?  Frank . . . .

Tom Sawyer

Did Frank say something... I can't seem to hear him... the ignore feature is working fine. ;D

FTL_Ian

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Braddogg on August 29, 2006, 10:26 PM NHFT
Standing in the middle of a police department carrying a sign isn't disruptive, but walking up the stairs to hand out a handful of flyers at an IRS building is?  Frank . . . .

if Dada had publically announced what he was going to do and when then he would not have been allowed to...

Dave Ridley

<< Did Frank say something...
>>

He said "This user is currently ignored"

d_goddard

Thanks Dada. I was wondering when I would finally get to smite you.
It is only by listening carefully to the well-intentioned arguments of those who disagree with you that you can more effectively bolster your own position.

It would be one thing if Frank were falling into name-calling and appeals to emotion... but he's not.
He's making the same points over & over, but how different is that from this "pro-choice on every issue every time" stance you and I take?

Money Dollars

Quote from: d_goddard on August 30, 2006, 07:03 AM NHFT
"pro-choice on every issue every time" stance you and I take?
You are pro-choice on rape and murder?  :o

d_goddard

Quote from: Money Dollars on August 30, 2006, 07:07 AM NHFT
"pro-choice on every issue every time" stance you and I take?
You are pro-choice on rape and murder?  :o
I said, well-intentioned arguments.
And besides, you knew the answer before you hit "post": by definition, one of the parties in rape and murder cases did not make a voluntary choice. If they did, we'd be talking about "consensual sex" and "euthanasia", which most libertarians (myself included) do believe should not be illegal.

tracysaboe

Thanks Dada. I was wondering when I would finally get to smite you.
It is only by listening carefully to the well-intentioned arguments of those who disagree with you that you can more effectively bolster your own position.

It would be one thing if Frank were falling into name-calling and appeals to emotion... but he's not.
He's making the same points over & over, but how different is that from this "pro-choice on every issue every time" stance you and I take?

Karma to Dada. And everyone else who openly admitted they were Ignoring Frank.
That's what your suppost to do with trolls that continuously hijack threads. :)

Tracy

John

Dave Ridley

Update:  I got a call from Mike Gannon telling me he heard all about this demonstration within three days...so word must have gotten around fast.  Only three people even saw what I was doing, that I was aware of at least.

He said someone called him and said "there's was a guy at NPD with a sign about and he won't talk to the cops!"

LOL