• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tug of War event at Hampton will happen - if I get three volunteers

Started by Dave Ridley, February 28, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

OK I'm really into this idea that wholetthedogin proposed for challenging the Hampton zoning perpetrators to a tug of war game.  Basically he's saying the NH underground or the LTS or whoever should officially challenge these folks to a light hearted tug of war game...  Mike Fisher suggests that we should say if we win , they have to respect everyone's constittuional rights, if they win then *we* have to respect everyone's Constitutional rights -  which I think will not be a problem LOL>   

If I can get three volunteers ready to work closely with me on this and let me delegate to you a bit between now and the proposed event, I would be willing to take charge of the event and make it happen.   Unless there is a better idea.  This is the way we did the UN flag burn.

In the meantime I will just brainstorm and throw out ideas; I won't try to put this in motion until I have the volunteers.

Here are the ideas and questions I have....  Who do we invite precisely?  What do we do if the zoning folks don't show up (and they probably won't)?

One brainstorm is to do a tug of war against an empty lot or a sign, just pull the rope over the line.  I was also thinking another idea would be to make a huge sign or an image and attach it to the side of a small vehicle; so that it covers the vehicle.  then attach a rope to the vechicle and pull it over the center line.   I'm thinking the image should be a WW2 German tank with a pic of Sgt. Schultz from Hogans Hero's  riding on top .   The image could say Hampton Zoning Thugs or something like that.
Of course we'd have to ditch this idea if they did show up.   

Any better ideas out there?  What are good days to do this?  I'm thinking a Saturday would be best...which one?

And...do I have three volunteers?  I'm looking probably for one person to get the word out to the press and be liason with them, one person to make sure the right materials and signs are in place, one person to be...I dunno, utility player?

Dave Ridley

---

Back to the idea of a tank image....as with any press event you want to think about a single, simple image you are hoping to see in the papers (like that shot of Kat dumping the UN flag in the flames).   In this case the image I would like to see, if the perps don't show up, is a shot of the rear of the "tank" in the foreground, and in the background...all of us pulling on it.   So we would want the tank image to be a shot of the rear of the tank , placed on the rear of a vehicle.   sticking out the top of the tank would be sgt schultz facing backwards LOL.   Does that make sense?

Again, I think initially we just leave this tank image face down on the ground and don't even pick it up unless they fail to show.   If they show then all we need to do is pull and no need for fancy propaganda in their face.

Oh what should we call our team?  Myrtles Marauders?  Myrtle's Minions?  Myrtle's Minutemen?   Should we wear tri-cornered colonial hats?

How's this for an invite list:  Invite the board of selectment, the zoning board, the city manager, the building inspector.  Anyone I'm missing?  We can make it known that any of the above are welcome to pull on our side against the ZBA folks.   If we're really lucky we will have some Town of Hampton officials or employees show up just to pull on our side.

Russell Kanning

How about one guy in a wool coat and a helmet with a spike on top identified as

Schultz
Hampton Nazi

and we could drag the guy around in the snow ;D

Dave Ridley

Ah ok so we just say ok we will tug of war with Hampton zoning thugs...but if they don't show up we will provide a "stand in"

How tough would it be to dress him out in a convincing German uniform?

Thus far I still favor pulling a vechicle over this idea but not sure quite how to explain why...maybe becuase I think it will offer a more visual snapshot for print photogs.

Russell Kanning

I was going for the fun factor...not how easy it was to pull off :)

John

I'll pull.? I have this Saturday off.

If one can't play in the snow, then what the hell is happening to NH?
LET"S PLAY!
If the other team is not "big enough", let's buck up.

I am "willing to play" for that other team (though my strenth on that day may be suspect).? YOU may HAVE TO PULL some of us Out Of "the zoning hole".
If I have to join the "Bad Boys of Zoning" I may have to burn my "Don't Tread On Me" flag before the games start.

If "Zoning" wins, I will give about 1/2 dozen copies of the NH Constituion to members of "my" team.? (They/we need it.)

In the tradition of Liberty & Justice,
John

American Flags will go to all Hampton "minutemen".

GOT A minute,? man?

Russell Kanning

How about we have Myrtle vs the Zoning Board....we know they won't show up :)

Dave Ridley

Still waiting for my three volunteers before I pursue this further.

Pat K

I would say I could be the anchor, but I never seem to be able to get to NH.