• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Primary Voting Strategy

Started by d_goddard, September 11, 2006, 06:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

As noted elsewhere, the situation in Keene is pretty grim: you have some of the worst representation in the state.  :-\
That said, there are ways you can help minimize the damage, and start to turn the situation around!

Because Keene is a strongly Democrat-controlled district, to make the most impact, you're going to want to register at the poll as a Democrat. Don't worry; on your way out of the polling station, just inform election helper-person that you want to re-register yourself as "undeclared".

Once you're a "Democrat-for-the-day", go ahead and support ONLY the "least-bad" candidate.
Vote for "Kris E. Roberts". He got a "C+", which sucks, but beats the pants off of "F" or "Constitutional Threat", which the other Democrats got  :o

Another great way to help:
Print up and pass out NHLA flyers at the polling station! Most NH residents don't know about NHLA, and the people who vote on Primary Day are the ones that NHLA most needs to connect with. Getting NHLA lit to just a dozen of the pro-Liberty political types in Keene can really help us turn the political situation around out there!

Hopefully, in 2 years' time, a bunch of YOU... pro-freedom people... will be eligible to run, and will choose to do so!

<<modified to replace Dunn with Roberts>>

KBCraig

Quote from: Soundwave on September 11, 2006, 09:21 PM NHFT
Mark for Mayor of Keene!

I think he's a bit shy of the residency requirements.  ;D ;D

slim

I think Mark should run for state house rep once he gets the residency requirements. The honorable Markwich from Keene :whp2:

d_goddard

Quote from: slim on September 12, 2006, 10:07 AM NHFT
I think Mark should run for state house rep once he gets the residency requirements.
I agree.

Mark_FTL

Yesterday's voting was about the most unsatisfying voting experience I have ever had. I just put one dot next Roberts name and that was it. Everyone else was unopposed.

We definitely need to do something about that.

d_goddard

Quote from: Mark_FTL on September 13, 2006, 07:46 PM NHFT
Everyone else was unopposed.
Well, it was just a primary, ya know?

Quote from: Mark_FTL on September 13, 2006, 07:46 PM NHFT
We definitely need to do something about that.
... and you are the man to do it...
Actually, it would be great if you could use your awesome powers of persuasion (you do sales, right?) to get 3-4 people to run.

stone

All the Keene state house seats were unopposed in the primary.  There were 7 dems for 7 seats.

Roberts is on the school board too.

Dave Ridley

Welcome to NHfree.com stone!

Ya Roberts seems like the best of the lot in the Keene House delegation but I don't know how good or bad he is on the board.  Tthey have some good board members although fewer than before; spenders seem to be in the saddle now. 

d_goddard

Quote from: stone on September 14, 2006, 05:40 PM NHFT
All the Keene state house seats were unopposed in the primary.
Yup. NHLA members were advised to spend the day helping people with contested seats.

Still, it does send a very strong message to the party as to which candidates are "marketable". You can bet that if the more Liberty-oriented candidates consistently get the best numbers in the primary, they'll be the ones given committee chair spots (since popular candidates are "safer", and as a party boos you want your committee chairs to stay put for as many terms as possible)