• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Got a chance to meet Kerry Healey's running mate

Started by Dave Ridley, September 25, 2006, 06:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I met Reed Hillman today briefly; he was out doing some politicking for Kerry Healey her at my workplace, which is south of the border.   For those of you unfamiliar, Healey is the least-bad candidate running for Governor of Masshell (at least when you factor in the fact that she is the opposite party from the legislature). I'm putting her chances of success at around 50 percent.  Hillman would become her Lt. Governor if she wins. 

Anyway he  came by my cubicle and introduced himself, but I didn't recognize him or his name.  I told him I was a New Hampshire resident.  I said "I fled."

He acted as though he had heard this story many times.  I said "and you know what I fled, right?  Taxes are too high."  He said he agreed, and in fairness to him their ticket has taken a position in favor of rollback, though of course that will never happen.   I didn't really get a chance to explain that the place I fled was actually Texas, or that there was a whole slew of organized migration to NH, but maybe I will send him an email or something.