• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

founder of the FSP, Jason Sorens, joins the Advisory Board of the SVR

Started by FrankChodorov, October 03, 2006, 10:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 03, 2006, 10:55 PM NHFT
I encourage virtually all secession movements.   ;D

It's all about decentralizing that power, baby.

Dreepa

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 03, 2006, 01:30 PM NHFT
QuoteI hear he called for a larger and more powerful government that put everyone on welfare.

actually the government would be much, much smaller as a result...

what would you need any other social services for?

excerpt:
I would also note that we could spend more than $10,000 per year on the poorest individuals if we means-tested benefits slightly. This is a variant of the plan proposed by Charles Murray in his new book "In Our Hands". He advocates doing it on the federal level, but I think that having the states decide on it as they choose makes more sense.
So after the people got their check... what happens if they blew it all on crack? wouldn't certain people being saying we need to give them more? And more they would get because after all we need to help the children.

CNHT

PowerPenguin

I don't know, Ian. I'm not against them, but I wouldn't do anything to actively support one, at least not at this point in time. Many think this is "very bad" and will tune out any other ideas you have if they get wind that you are a "sescessionist". They will think you're a southern racist pig, just like their government run "history" classes told them to think.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Dreepa on October 05, 2006, 06:04 PM NHFT
QuoteI hear he called for a larger and more powerful government that put everyone on welfare.

excerpt:
I would also note that we could spend more than $10,000 per year on the poorest individuals if we means-tested benefits slightly. This is a variant of the plan proposed by Charles Murray in his new book "In Our Hands". He advocates doing it on the federal level, but I think that having the states decide on it as they choose makes more sense.
So after the people got their check... what happens if they blew it all on crack? wouldn't certain people being saying we need to give them more? And more they would get because after all we need to help the children.

I can't say I support this BS but I'd think they would get 1 check a month.  If that didn't work, maybe two or 4.

burnthebeautiful

So is Jason Sorens not a libertarian? I've wondered several times why we never hear anything from him. As far as I know he doesn't post here, doesn't call ftl... I never hear from him in any way.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on October 05, 2006, 06:04 PM NHFT

excerpt:

it is not charity if the source is scarcity rents but rather upholding everyone's right of self-ownership by not allowing their wages to be taxed by those collecting scarcity rents.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on October 05, 2006, 10:51 PM NHFT
getting paid for doing nothing =charity

you are describing those who steal via privilege (bankers, landowners, capitalists/corporatists)

first your legs are broken via privilege and then you are given crutches and it is called charity.

Dreepa

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 05, 2006, 10:55 PM NHFT

you are describing those who steal via privilege (bankers, landowners, capitalists/corporatists)

I lend you $5.  I say pay me next week and give me $6.  You don't have to take the loan.
Yet I as a banker am stealing from you?  Where does the free will of you saying no come into play?

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on October 05, 2006, 11:07 PM NHFT

I lend you $5.  I say pay me next week and give me $6.  You don't have to take the loan.
Yet I as a banker am stealing from you?  Where does the free will of you saying no come into play?

Dreep you need a spankin' for not knowing your homework. Those who suffer from Angry Leftitis think all capitalism is stealing!

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on October 05, 2006, 10:48 PM NHFT
So is Jason Sorens not a libertarian? I've wondered several times why we never hear anything from him. As far as I know he doesn't post here, doesn't call ftl... I never hear from him in any way.

He is a libertarian and member of the LP last I heard but he is working hard for his main interest, the SVR, so he doesn't have time to post to those boards.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on October 05, 2006, 11:07 PM NHFT

we don't have "free banking" unrestricted by the state's granting of privilege...there is only one "legal tender".

if we had many different mutualist credit clearing systems then the market by no barriers to entry would whittle the $1 you are charging for interest (called "economic interest") down to zero.

FrankChodorov

Quotehe is working hard for his main interest, the SVR[/quote

huh?

the SVR is by far not his main interest...

his main scholarly interest is secession and the SVR is a secessionist movement while the FSP is not.