• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Please...give me a break!!

Started by Rosie the Riveter, October 19, 2006, 08:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

PLLLEEAASSEE...Someone says in this article "Because of all the terrorism going on all over the United States, we decided to see -- do we need more training?" OMG!! Where is "all the terrorism"? More $$ down the drain.  :P

Response team handles simulated terror attack
By SARAH SHEMKUS
Union Leader Correspondent
Friday, Sep. 29, 2006

Hooksett ? The first report of an accident between a school bus and a minivan near Memorial School crackled over the police radio at approximately 9:25 yesterday morning.

After less than three minutes, the first police officer arrived at Egawes Drive, followed moments later by a Hooksett fire truck.

Two men, with reddened faces, lie seemingly unconscious beside an overturned blue van, its interior smeared with what appeared to be white powder.

But it was only a simulation, part of a morning-long exercise designed to test the town's ability to respond to a large-scale incident such as a terrorist attack or the deployment of a weapon of mass destruction.

"Because of all the terrorism going on all over the United States, we decided to see -- do we need more training? Do we need more evaluation?" said Albert Dionne, the town's emergency management director.

The exercise was funded by a grant from the United States Department of Homeland Security. The entire event, estimated Dionne, cost between $30,000 and $35,000, all of which was covered by the federal money.

The scenario presented to responders represented an attempted attack on the wastewater treatment facility, which is situated farther down Egawes Drive.

According to the background story created by the drill's planners, said Dionne, a van carrying three "attackers" had collided with a school bus, injuring two of the men, while the third attempted to escape into the woods.

The event was a success, said Leland Kimball, an emergency planning consultant who headed up the team evaluating the town's performance.

Print Article | Email a Friend | Submit Feedback

aries

Terrorism: The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

yeah it sounds to me like terrorism is going on all over the country.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: aries on October 20, 2006, 05:43 AM NHFT
Terrorism: The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

yeah it sounds to me like terrorism is going on all over the country.

Ha...good one :) Hadn't thought of that...you are so right.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: SARAH SHEMKUS
"Because of all the terrorism going on all over the United States,"

...but I thought there wasn't any terrorism going on here since the administration has been doing such a good job  ::)

d_goddard

I'd be happy to pay for protection services, both for just my own home, for my own family wherever they travel, and generally for any willing recipient of "society at large"... I'd pick the agency and the portion of my income I'm willing to pay.

The above is the case mostly because of the nonstop propaganda I've been getting, listening to FreeTalkLive.com for the past year-and-a-half :)