• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"How to Stage a Coup, American-Style" -Time Magazine on the FSP

Started by BOVER, November 05, 2006, 09:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 06, 2006, 06:36 AM NHFT
If you go to Time's homepage, they track the most emailed stories there . . .
Awesome.
Everyone, feel free to email the story to EVERYONE YOU EVER MET :)
Also feel free to email it to me as often as you like, to help bump up the counter. I won't consider it spam!
Denis.Goddard at gmail.com

Dan

I just wish there was a World's Smallist Political Quiz in there.

Dan

If this isn't in print, yet, I wonder if the advocates would consider paying for one to be there?

Russell Kanning

JonM

It says in the article (bottom of page 1) that it is from the Nov 13th issue.

Dan

Nov 13th?  Really?  Can the website give me the election results from the Nov 13th issue too?  That would be handy.

Rocketman

Way cool, I expect lots of people will read this and move within a year or two. 

:blob5: :blob9: :blob5: :blob9: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

error

Weekly magazines date their issues with the seventh day after they hit the streets.

For instance, the "November 13" issue would be generally available on November 6 or 7.

Don't ask me why.

Dan

Probably because there is a law against dating the issue eight days after they hit the streets.  b)

JonM

I have in my hands the November 13th issue of Time.  I got a year's subscription for $2 when I bought some headphones at buy.com.  Who knew I'd one day be happy about killing all those trees?

The article is on page 46.  The bottom of the page has in fairly large bold type the "New Hampshire's motto is LIVE FREE OR DIE, and it's low taxes and high regard for minding your own damn business proved irresistible" quote.

In the middle is a picture, just over 4.25" wide by almost 2.75" high of the back of Insurgent's truck.  There are quite the array of bumper stickers adorned.
Caption: BUMPER CROP A Free Stater's truck highlights the many objects of a libertarian's ire

d_goddard

Are any of the bumper stickers FSP ones, with the FSP website?

JonM

Of the 17 bumper stickers, not a single one with a URL big enough to read.  No FSP sticker, no NH Free sticker.  There is one that says "It can't happen here" but I can't make out what the URL is.

John

And yes, it is on the newsstands today.
BIG THUMBS UP!

(Nathan took some notes when (just before he left) I played my 1st song for him.  Then, when I played "The Peaceful Rebel" he quickly wrote notes throughout the whole song. - What?  :o No 15 min. of fame for me?  ;D)

d_goddard

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 06, 2006, 03:44 PM NHFT
Of the 17 bumper stickers, not a single one with a URL big enough to read.  No FSP sticker, no NH Free sticker.
Damn you, Insurgent, and your lousy choice of bumper stickers!

(j/k of course)

Russell Kanning

Well .... we will have to step up the activism to get more big articles so more people are quoted .... and Denis gets his bumper shown.