• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Millions of libertarian votes

Started by toowm, November 07, 2006, 11:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

CNN is showing full election results, including 3rd parties. The US Senate page caught my eye, because you see Arizona and California libertarian candidates with around 30,000 votes each. So I added up all the libertarian votes on the page, and got 434 thousand. Keep in mind that some states (like California at 18%) are still counting, and that this is just the US Senate. When you add House, State and local, there were millions of libertarian votes, in a non-presidential election.

How can we get those voters here?

Fluff and Stuff

Well, maybe 10+ million libertarians but thanks for adding up the Libertarians :)

KBCraig

I'm not going to do the math (at least not tonight) on the Texas results, but there were Libertarians in almost every race. Most got 2%+. Michael Badnarik got 4.3%; time for him to move to NH.  ;D

The interesting thing, is that in races that had only a D or R incumbent and an LP challenger, the LPers got 22-24% of the vote. There's a good anti-incumbent sentiment out there, and lots of people who would vote LP, except they're afraid of losing to the opposing D or R.

Kevin