• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Another anti-crime rally to be held in Manchester

Started by Rosie the Riveter, November 22, 2006, 09:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

From the UL Nov. 19

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Officer%27s+death+spurs+many+residents+to+take+action&articleId=fa5b1c2a-9690-4acb-8fad-69bf48a2c57f

"Pat VanderBerghe from the citizens group Neighbors for a Better Manchester stopped by the meeting to announce an anti-crime rally will be held on Nov. 29 at 7 p.m. at the Manchester PAL center, 409 Beech St. She said Gov. John Lynch and Mayor Frank Guinta are expected to attend."

FTL_Ian

Love the alarmist tone set by the first paragraph:

"Prostitution...drugs..."

I hope someone in Manch comes out to this event in support of the legalization of those two, in order to counter the inevitable foaming at the mouth that will be occurring.   ::)

error

If they're anti-prostitution and anti-drugs, then it's not worth supporting them. Those aren't crimes, except in the imaginations of a small subset of people who want to dictate the terms of other people's lives.

aries

There cant be much of a prostitution "problem" in NH

And illicit drugs do lead to violence

The way to solve the problems of both is legalization.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 22, 2006, 09:45 PM NHFT
Love the alarmist tone set by the first paragraph:

"Prostitution...drugs..."

I hope someone in Manch comes out to this event in support of the legalization of those two, in order to counter the inevitable foaming at the mouth that will be occurring.   ::)

I MUST work that night or I'd be there.... I also hope someone can attend to represent those of us that believe the drug war, gun laws, etc...create these problems. Step 1 to solving the problem? -- encourage gun ownership.

anthonybpugh

I think Ian should dress up as a hooker and attend the rally.  Or dress Mark up in drag and go as his pimp. 

FTL_Ian

Dave Ridley

Looks like there may have been some minor changes in the rally plan:

from http://www.manchesternh.gov/sitewide/news.html

Neighborhood Watch Group Plans Anti-Crime Rally

Posted On: 11/17/2006 -

The city-wide crime prevention strategy, Weed & Seed, and the Manchester Police Department, which oversees neighborhood watch groups, are supporting the Neighbors for a Better Manchester Watch Group's Anti Crime Rally which will held on Wednesday, November 29th, at 7:00 pm, at the Manchester Police Athletic League (MPAL) Building at 411 Beech Street, corner of Lake Avenue (directions can be found at http://www.manchesterpal.org.)

The rally is open to City residents and all who are invested in making a stance against crime. There will be opportunities for attendees to speak with their elected officials about concerns and questions regarding the next steps for this community. Governor John Lynch, Mayor Frank Guinta, and several City Aldermen will be in attendance to speak with residents.

Light refreshments will be served.

For further details, please contact the Weed & Seed Coordinator at 603-624-6466 x356. 

Dave Ridley

Note:

"The rally is open to City residents and all who are invested in making a stance against crime."

anthonybpugh

Dave Ridley

i think i'm going to go to this with a sign that says that...fight crime shoot back.  anyone want to join me?   I may just stand outside. 

Dave Ridley

any thoughts regarding whether it would be helpful or hurtful for me to open carry in this context?  If i do; I will probably inform the nearby police first.

error

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 28, 2006, 06:32 AM NHFT
any thoughts regarding whether it would be helpful or hurtful for me to open carry in this context?  If i do; I will probably inform the nearby police first.

That's a good idea, considering what happened to mvpel.

My personal thought on open carry is everyone should be doing it as often as possible, so that (1) people become accustomed to it, (2) people learn why it's important for ordinary citizens to carry, and (3) more people carry.