• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Very rough draft of a press release. Comments/suggestions/denigration welcome

Started by Caleb, December 12, 2006, 08:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

So a few changes were made.  Sent out to the following:

news@keenesentinel.com
news@cmonitor.com
news@hippopress.com
writeus@unionleader.com
news@mledger.com
TheMailBox@nhptv.org
ssmedia@townusa.com
news@shorepublishing.com
edit@ctpost.com
letters.advocate@scni.com
news8@wtnh.com
newstips@nbc30.com
newsdesk3@wfsb.com
rush@eibnet.com
news-tips@nytimes.com
info@monadnockradiogroup.com

If anyone else wants to send the press release out to other media outlets, feel free ...

----

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 12/12/06

Russell Kanning
88 Sparrow Keene, NH 03431
(603) 357-2049
www.nhfree.com

NEW HAMPSHIRE UNDERGROUND PLANS CONNECTICUT FLAG BURN

WHO: NEW HAMPSHIRE UNDERGROUND, NEW HAMPSHIRE SONS OF LIBERTY

WHAT: UN FLAG BURN/CONNECTICUT FLAG BURN

WHEN: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2006. UN FLAG BURN AT NOON. CONNECTICUT FLAG BURN AT 2:00 PM.

WHERE: SHORTY DAWKINS HIDEAWAY.

On Saturday, December 16, 2006, the New Hampshire Underground will be conducting its third annual UN flag burn. The group, which advocates for smaller government, began burning UN flags two years ago to demonstrate its disgust with the United Nations, and the centralization of power that it represents.

But this year, the UN flag burn will come with a twist: At 2:00 pm, the group will also commence burning Connecticut State flags in order to protest the incarceration of Winchester resident Lauren Canario.

Canario was arrested in New London, Connecticut on September 22, 2006 for peacefully reading a book on the porch of a New London property that had been seized by eminent domain. She was charged with criminal trespass.  Canario had been active in the fight to resist eminent domain, which she views as government sanctioned theft.

To this date, Canario has been held without a trial. No trial has been scheduled. Repeated appeals by friends and family to Connecticut government officials have been ignored. Friends have contacted the judge, prosecutor, even the governor of Connecticut. Numerous individuals have requested the writ of habeas corpus in her behalf, and yet the State of Connecticut continues to hold Canario as a political prisoner.

The New Hampshire Underground demands the immediate release of political prisoner Lauren Canario.

Individuals are welcome to participate in burning the UN flag as well as the Connecticut flag. Spectators and photographers are also welcome.

Tom Sawyer

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I think we should warn people we are country folk. Otherwise they may be shocked at the scene. There will be flannel wearing gun totting flag burners in the crowd. There is a half abandoned single wide out frount (soon to be no more) and we will be splittn' wood and burn'n brush. We are cuntry. :)

error

I still recommend notifying the TV stations, especially the... wait, there is no local FOX affiliate.

These guys might be interested though:

WTIC-TV/FOX 61 Hartford, CT
One Corporate Center
Hartford, CT 06103
(V)860-527-6161
(F)860-560-3066

Kat Kanning

error

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 14, 2006, 06:57 AM NHFT
Did you send it there, error?

Ooops! Hold on a minute, I'm trying to mangle 14 things at once here.

It appears from their web site that they want press releases FAXED. ??? I don't have any way to send a fax.

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Caleb, feel free to contact me in the future when you need advice on or help with a press release. I have been a publicist for several organizations and groups for years. Also, journalism is one of my majors, and I need to get as much media experience as possible.

Caleb

Thanks, Michael.  I'll keep that in mind.  :)  I normally post them here for people to comment on, but I can also pm you.

Michael Fisher