• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

WKXL 1450 Concord, is looking for local talk show hosts.

Started by FTL_Ian, January 03, 2005, 09:32 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Hey guys.  I figured it would be more effective to post this here as opposed to the FSP board, since you guys seem to be the "Cream of the crop" of our activists.

I just got off the phone with Gardner Hill, Program Director of WKXL 1450 in Concord.  He told me he's planning to bring a lot of locally hosted talk shows to his station.  I told him I thought it was a great idea and asked him if he has enough talent to do that.  He said he's working on it.

Of course, I told him we'd be local eventually, and asked him if he'd heard of the FSP.  He said he was familiar with it.  However, this didn't appear to persuade him to add our show.  Then I asked him about Sat nights, and he said he was looking to acquire local talent there as well.

I'm scheduled to check in with him again next month, but my hopes are certainly not high. 

That said, perhaps my loss could be your gain.

Having helped run a local station before, I KNOW that he's going to have a bitch of a time finding semi-decent talent to fill his airwaves.

Perhaps one of you Concord area types could get in touch with Gardner, and express an interest in helping out with his station...

The office line for WKXL is 603-225-5521.

Regards,
Ian

Russell Kanning

Thanks for the info. :)
Won't it be cool when your guys show is based in the "Free State" also? 8)

Kat Kanning

Very cool.  A freestater just asked me this morning about radio jobs!

FTL_Ian

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to it.  As soon as we start making some damn money, I'll be up there looking around at property...   but before we make money, we must acquire affiliates.  Back to the phones...

Ian