• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Libertarian Republican Wayne Allyn Root for President?

Started by joeyforpresident, December 30, 2006, 01:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyforpresident

by Eric Dondero

Just breaking... Sports Betting Celebrity Wayne Allyn Root, has authorized supporters to begin to explore a possible Presidential campaign for 2008. This is a Pre-Exploratory Committee effort, and nothing has been formalized as of yet. But Root is acknowledging that he does indeed have an interest in a possible 2008 run.

Root is best known as a Sports Oddsmaker from Las Vegas who specializes with NFL picks. He's a regular on ESPN, and other major media outlets. More recently he has raised his political profile. His commentary on politics has appeared in PokerPlayer.com.

He is a self-described "Libertarian Republican." He is considering all options for a Presidential run, including on the Libertarian Party ticket.

Root is worth millions. In fact, he recently wrote a bestselling book, "Millionaire Republican." He makes his home in Las Vegas, with his wife, a former Ms. Oklahoma.

For more background on Wayne Allyn Root visit www.millionairerepublican.com
For continuous coverage of the Root Exploratory Committee effort visit www.mainstreamlibertarian.com

*Note - Eric Dondero is a former Libertarian National Committeeman, Founder of the Republican Liberty Caucus and former Senior Aide to US Congressman Ron Paul of Texas. Dondero served as Ron Paul's Advance Man/Travel Aide in his 1988 Libertarian campaign for President.

Posted by Eric Dondero at 9:54 AM   

Caleb

QuoteRoot is best known as a Sports Oddsmaker from Las Vegas who specializes with NFL picks.

Early betting places betting for Root's candidacy as 200,000,000 to one.  ;D

Caleb

error

If you're giving those kinds of odds, put me down for $10.

Caleb

Alright, one bet for Error:  $10 placed on the candidacy of Wayne Allyn Root.  I prefer silver, but I will take FRN's.  ;)

error

Quote from: Caleb on December 31, 2006, 12:14 AM NHFT
Alright, one bet for Error:  $10 placed on the candidacy of Wayne Allyn Root.  I prefer silver, but I will take FRN's.  ;)

You really think you can cover that bet?!

Caleb

PowerPenguin

I have a rare gold plated $20 base 1 oz Silver Liberty Dollar ($20 face value). I'll put that down want to raise?