• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Big signs

Started by Crocuta, January 27, 2007, 09:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: jgmaynard on February 14, 2007, 08:54 AM NHFT
I know this is OT for the thread, but I LOVE what BoA is doing... It's just one step to eliminating the stranglehold of the IRS on Americans.

Jane - Wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I mean, I respect your opinions, but c'mon!  :BangHead: You DO now that war is the ULTIMATE big-government project, right???

Happy VD everyone!!!!

JM

As usual, some of you have misunderstood the situation.

BoA is DISCRIMINATING and only SOME people don't have to give their SS numbers. Others do. Certainly you can't abide by that?

Which again is why I'm pulling away my multitudinous business from them.

I don't know what this has to do with war? It's war on Americans is what it is!

jgmaynard

Hmmmmm... I thought they were not requiring SS numbers from anyone... now THAT I thought would be good... But, I'm all about people taking their business elsewhere for moral or political objections... Some people here love Wal-Mart, but I've boycotted them for over a decade.

What this has to do with war is the fact that Republicans as whole are, IMNSHO, being hypocritical in calling for smaller government while instituting and supporting the largest and most invasive government program possible. This doesn't even get into our Republican president spending money like a drunken sailor on leave, but you know that...  ;)

JM

CNHT

Quote from: jgmaynard on February 14, 2007, 10:52 AM NHFT
Hmmmmm... I thought they were not requiring SS numbers from anyone... now THAT I thought would be good... But, I'm all about people taking their business elsewhere for moral or political objections... Some people here love Wal-Mart, but I've boycotted them for over a decade.

What this has to do with war is the fact that Republicans as whole are, IMNSHO, being hypocritical in calling for smaller government while instituting and supporting the largest and most invasive government program possible. This doesn't even get into our Republican president spending money like a drunken sailor on leave, but you know that...  ;)

JM

Well this is not about Rs or Ds -- it's about discrimination. If you are going to let some people not use SS numbers, you must let ALL.

That was the issue. And until they do, I'm outta there. I already took my savings away from them when they 'lost'  some of it because they moved it without my permission!

PS - The R's in the US Legislature are no different than the D's... we had some good R's here in NH, the top 25 on the NHLA list, but thanks to the national R's, and the stupidity of voters who don't know for whom or where our NH R's work, we lost about half those 25.

jgmaynard

I absolutely agree with you on the 1st and 3rd parts and respect your decision on the 2nd.

JM

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: CNHT on February 14, 2007, 10:26 AM NHFT
The point is, you will find they won't...therefore I'm taking my business away from them.

They are discriminating against one group of people.

I bet they would be willing to give you one of these cards for $99 down, at 21+% interest, hoping you would run up and not pay the $500.00, which they can write off and then pocket the $99.

CNHT

Quote from: jgmaynard on February 14, 2007, 11:05 AM NHFT
I absolutely agree with you on the 1st and 3rd parts and respect your decision on the 2nd.

JM

Thanks Jim. Sometimes something that seems pro-liberty on the face of it, deserves further study to see what the REAL consequences are.
If BoA can do this for SOME, they must do it for ALL, as in liberty and justice FOR ALL, n'est ce pas?

CNHT

Quote from: jaqeboy on February 14, 2007, 08:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on February 14, 2007, 04:20 AM NHFT
Just look at the Bank America scandal that is now going on.
I'm pulling my business from them tomorrow.

Yeah, this is great! BoA is allowing accounts and credit cards now with no SSN. Several libertarians are rushing over there to see if they can open one today - most libertarians have been trying to do that for years!

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2007-02-13T053517Z_01_N13447905_RTRUKOC_0_US-BOFA-CARD.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Thanks, Jane for giving another example of a good test to show if one is a libertarian, or its opposite, a conservative.

Here's the test:

Bank of America allows accounts without SSN, Do you...?:

A. Rush over to close your account...
B. Rush over and open up an account...

If you answered A, you're a conservative; if you answered B, you're a libertarian!

Um Jack my excellent engineering friend! That is quite a stretch. I don't think this has to do with labels of who is libertarian and who is a conservative. Do you think shifting the tax burden from one set of people onto another is 'libertarian' ?

I think you are going to find that you won't be able to open an account without your SS number. So if you are a true libertarian (not that we are having to pass litmus tests, but since you posed it that way) I should think you would CLOSE your account in protest of BoA's discriminatory practices..

KBCraig

Discriminatory or not, SSNs or not, it's still BoA. And BoA still sucks!

eques

Quote from: KBCraig on February 14, 2007, 11:34 AM NHFT
And BoA still sucks!

BoA moved to New Hampshire????

CNHT

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on February 14, 2007, 11:34 AM NHFT
Discriminatory or not, SSNs or not, it's still BoA. And BoA still sucks!

I agree. If you heard the story of what they did to me you'd freak.

Unfortunately credit cards are another story -- sometimes they are bought out by other companies. Suddenly the place that bills you changes and you don't even know it. That is what happened to me.

CNHT

Well sorry to have to add further bad news about this situation, but BoA will require some sort of taxpayer ID so earnings can still be reported to the IRS even if the person has no SS#....so I guess unless you bury your savings in the back yard and don't use credit, you cannot escape!

From another news article I read:

"Bank of America requires customers have an Internal Revenue number or "other evidence of taxpayer status" to maintain an account if they do not have a Social Security number, spokeswoman Alex Trower said."

This is why you should all wait before you get your knickers in a knot and start attacking each other for being this or that, until the whole story is revealed. I'm sure other banks will be subject to the same laws as well so it would do me no good to boycott BoA.

Kat Kanning

I thought you were the one with knickers in a knot, saying you were going to cancel your account.  ::)

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 14, 2007, 12:10 PM NHFT
I thought you were the one with knickers in a knot, saying you were going to cancel your account.  ::)

I do this all the time if I think something is wrong...it's part of the freedom to do business with whom I think is being fair and shunning those whom I think are not.

I would not even have mentioned it if others hadn't said this was a good thing. I don't know how shifting the tax burden from one person to another is a good thing..and turns out, those without SS# won't get away without being reported to the IRS either, so...back to Sq #1

Lloyd Danforth

I knew about the taxpayer ID.  I understand they are not hard to get