• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Goods and Services index

Started by Bald Eagle, March 10, 2007, 05:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bald Eagle

There has been some discussion about having an index of FSP-run and porcupine-friendly businesses.

What about also having something along the lines of www.freecycle.org.

There are folks out there who have stuff that they're just holding onto because they can't bear to throw it out, and are just waiting for someone to give it to.

For example:
I just gave away a free pair of boots to a guy as a reward for his interest in the FSP - http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=13340.0
Boy was he HAPPY!   8)

There are also people out there with specialized tools and equipment that can be used, so that we don't all have to go out and buy another one or pay exorbitant sums for services based upon using such equipment.

For example:
I'm getting my car tuned up and ready for the move to NH, and I wanted to have some work done on the brakes, have the tires balanced and aligned, have the transmission checked out, have the fuel system cleaned, and investigate what the "check engine" light was going on for.

Most shops wanted $120 to do brake work - I did it myself for the price of the pads: $15.
Most shops wanted $75-$100 just read the on board diagnostic computer, so I spent slightly more than that and bought myself an OBDI/OBDII scanner.  I'd be happy to run the scanner on any porcupine vehicles for free (or a small voluntary donation  ::))

There's also plenty of stuff that I let go, because I simply don't have a place to store it. 

Maybe we could dedicate a section of the forum to the exchange of goods and services?  Something where only advertisements of availability are posted, and any discussion of details is conducted outside of the forum, to keep it easy to find what people are looking for.

Clothing
Firearms
Furniture
Automotive
Services
Tools
Storage

It could even be organized like classifieds, or user-sortable by fields such as category, description, price, date posted, poster, etc.

A related idea is that something like an Ebay store could be set up, and items could be donated to benefit the FSP.  The individual(s) running the store(s) could split the proceeds 50/50, so that the store is a viable business, and the FSP benefits from the sale of donated material.  Dumpster dive for Freedom!

Just sharing some brainstorming ideas.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

That's where the Damn Freecycle conversation was!  I did a search and couldn't find it!

Bald Eagle

Yay,

Thanks, Kat!

I knew someone else would have had to thought of this by now.

Kat Kanning

It was Ridley's idea, if I remember right.

Ron Helwig

While the forum is great for discussing goods and services, it really isn't appropriate as a place to quickly look up info.

People really need to learn how to use the wiki. That IS a more appropriate place to have a list/database of goods and services.

Like this:  8)
http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Liberty%20Business%20Directory

Lloyd Danforth

I think I saw that before.  Needs editing.