• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Join Manchester Mayor Frank Guinta at his Re-Election Kickoff - Wed 4/11

Started by ny2nh, April 09, 2007, 05:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ny2nh

Wednesday - April 11th - 6:30pm
NH Institute of Art
148 Concord Street
RSVP to 540-3669

I hope to see you there.....

Tammy

error

Whoever owns that number probably doesn't want me calling at 4 in the morning.

Quantrill

Quantrill

I thought I was the only one who didn't applaud a couple times.  Bragging about putting more cops on the street doesn't mean a whole lot to me.  By design a police force is reactive rather than proactive.  But from what I've read he seems ok for a politician.

It was nice meeting you tammy! 

error

More cops on the street? The streets are already crawling with cops! Crime is pretty uncommon around here as far as I can tell. It's probably virtually nonexistent outside the center of town here. What's he going to do, have a cop on every block?

ny2nh

Can you guys post what things you did not like?

As far as more cops on the street - is it the number of cops or whatthey are focused on that irks you guys? I know, on the west side, unless there is something violent happening, good luck getting a cop to come. On my street, there can be 10 punks in the street partying at 1:00 in the morning, waking up the whole neighborhood, peeing on people's front lawns, etc. and the cops don't come. I live alone, and if someone wanders into my yard and messes with my stuff, I'd really hate to have to shoot them. :)

Maybe there are cops crawling all over the center city, but can't say the same about the west side.

error

Remind me not to wander into your yard!!

Yes, the cops are all over the place here. :-\

ny2nh

Just playing devil's advocate here.....you say the cops are all over the place. Is it because there is crime or do you believe they are just there to harass people? I have noticed an attitude change int he past couple of years with the police in Manchester - a lot of which I think comes from whatever attitude resonates from the chief....which might come from what resonates with the mayor. It could be coincidence that the attitude seemed to change some when Guinta became mayor - but I have noticed a difference on my end.

I do get frustrated that I don't think the police spend enough time actually solving crimes (burglaries, vandalism, assault, etc) and too much time worrying about whether someone rolled through a stop sign or was going 35 in a 30 zone.

Quantrill

Quote from: ny2nh on April 13, 2007, 10:43 AM NHFT
Quantrill = J.T.?

Yep!   :)    Although nobody seems to be able to understand 2 letters side-by-side so I may be going by my Christian name from now on.  3 people now have called me JayCee. 

As per the cop issue, I don't really see them doing anything.  Just driving around.  I'm not a big fan of "patrolling".  At the same time, I get upset when I hear that they find obscure places to park and go to sleep!  A former boss had to run 2 different cops off his property because of that.  Basically, if you're not performing a service to the people who pay your salary, then what's the point?  Instead of more cops how about we have fewer restrictive laws?

I'm not an anarchist and I'm not opposed to cops in general but I don't see a need for any more.  Just my $.02