• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Where to get ammo?

Started by Quantrill, April 17, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quantrill

Since we've got some gun threads going I figured I'd ask about where to go for decent priced ammo in NH (preferably near Manch).  I haven't seen any gun shops around here, and I'm sure I could go to Wal-Mart, but where else?

No Freestater has opened a gun shop yet?
:icon_pirat:

Pat McCotter

Amos Keag

depends, what are you looking for?  caliber?

wally world for pistol target & shotty.  my carry is corbon dpx, from natchezss.com or cheaperthandirt.com

i'll pick up surplus rifle ammo wherever i find a good deal, but i think those days are over.  prices have gone through the roof lately.

Jared

there's a cool gun shop in hooksett (right near manchester) but i dont remember what it's called : /

penguins4me

Depending on local prices and availability, you may want to consider shipping ammo in. It's actually quite easy, if you can't find a better deal locally when considering the shipping charges for heavy ammo. Shipping charges are somewhat offset by the fact that one isn't usually forced to pay sales tax. One other downside is that your UPS guy will start to hate you after delivering a constant stream of 90-pound boxes. :D

- Ammoman.com often has reasonable prices, and they include shipping in the list price to simplify things. Lately, his inventory seems a little sparse, but...
- Georgia Arms purportedly makes some very high-quality loads, as well as having budget once-fired reloads available in bulk. They also have a shipping deal where they'll pay costs if the order is big enough (IIRC, $500-1000, depending on destination).
- Cheaper Than Dirt *occasionally* has some deals, though their prices are often decent enough and they usually have a better selection than most.

Anyhow, if local pickings are slim, crunch a few numbers from some online merchants and see if you like. ;)

Dreepa

Quote from: penguins4me on April 18, 2007, 02:51 AM NHFT
Shipping charges are somewhat offset by the fact that one isn't usually forced to pay sales tax.
We don't have a general sales tax in the Free State. ;D

error

No, just a couple of specific sales taxes which I all too frequently find myself being asked to pay. >:(

Dave Ridley

good question...i haven't even found  a gun shop or merchant I really like yet

suggestions?

MaineShark

Quote from: Quantrill on April 17, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFTSince we've got some gun threads going I figured I'd ask about where to go for decent priced ammo in NH (preferably near Manch).  I haven't seen any gun shops around here, and I'm sure I could go to Wal-Mart, but where else?

Ammoman.com is pretty good, as a "one-stop shop" for many things.  You can get better deals by keeping your eyes open for local sales.

Quote from: Quantrill on April 17, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFTNo Freestater has opened a gun shop yet?:icon_pirat:

I was thinking of a large box truck that could travel around.  Sort of like an ice cream truck, but for adults.  Of course, that would mean dealing with a lot of Federal and State paperwork and licensing...

Joe

Puke

Quote from: MaineShark on April 18, 2007, 04:24 PM NHFT

I was thinking of a large box truck that could travel around.  Sort of like an ice cream truck, but for adults.  Of course, that would mean dealing with a lot of Federal and State paperwork and licensing...

Joe

That is an awesome idea!
"The gun truck is coming!", heard as all the men on the street run out with cash in hand.
The jingle played could be 'The Flight of the Valkyries' by Richard Wagner.

MaineShark

Actually, thinking along those lines, is there any licensing law for sales of ammunition and other shooting paraphenalia, as long as no firearms were included?

It could be like the Snap-On truck, but visiting shooting ranges, sportsman's clubs, county fairs, and the like, instead of garages.  Heck, we could visit garages, as well - mechanics own guns, too.

Joe

KBCraig

Quote from: MaineShark on April 18, 2007, 09:31 PM NHFT
Actually, thinking along those lines, is there any licensing law for sales of ammunition and other shooting paraphenalia, as long as no firearms were included?

Only if you manufacture the ammunition.

Dave Ridley

oh wow the ice cream gun truck that is just too sweet of an idea

maybe it could sell ice cream on the side so the kids like it too.   that would draw so much media.

sandm000

The U-haul in Manchester has two old trucks for sale, although I don't know how much they are going for.

I saw these and thought of an ice-cream truck like business.  So with reading this thread, they might be perfect.  Anyone wanna go halfsies?

powerchuter

Quote from: Jared on April 17, 2007, 10:33 PM NHFT
there's a cool gun shop in hooksett (right near manchester) but i dont remember what it's called : /

Riley's Sport Shop is located in Hooksett, NH and is owned by Ralph Demicco.  I can't say enough good about Ralph.  I saw him just this morning to deliver some additional contributions for the Ken Gage Hero's Reward Fund.  Please give Ralph as much business as you can!  Trust me...he is totally PRO-LIBERTY!