• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

WANTED: Outlaw Barber

Started by error, May 06, 2007, 05:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

I think it's about time for me to get my hair cut.

Now I could just go out to Stupid Cuts or Hairy Mess or one of those places and have someone do it who's received thousands of hours of irrelevant training and is probbably going to charge too much anyway.

But since there's apparently a bill in front of the legislature regarding reducing licensing requirements for barbers, and I want a haircut...

I'm looking for an unlicensed barber who wants to cut my hair, right in front of the State House, perhaps even on television.

Kat Kanning

I might be willing to do it.  You wouldn't look any stranger than Russell - I cut his hair.  That is assuming you even get the haircut part.  I didn't get much a manicure before my manicurist was arrested.

error

It's only illegal when the money changes hands, apparently. :-\ That's government for you. They don't want people providing goods and services without their approval.

Kat Kanning

Well then, you could get the whole haircut before paying.

error

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 06, 2007, 05:41 PM NHFT
Well then, you could get the whole haircut before paying.

And then you can get arrested!

Now, we need a date, time, and some TV news crews. Denis?

Dave Ridley

me am prepared to spread the news, or talk others into spreading it, on the internet and to do the other things I usually do in a support role.

FTL_Ian

If it happens around here, I can come and video it.  8)

lildog

Quote from: error on May 06, 2007, 05:27 PM NHFTI'm looking for an unlicensed barber who wants to cut my hair, right in front of the State House, perhaps even on television.

Ironically right in the Bedford strip mall on DW Highway you can get your hair cut by unlicensed barbers at the beautician school.  Since they are still students they have not been licensed yet and yet they can still cut hair for money.  And THAT is legal somehow.

Granted sometimes you'll come out of that place wishing you went to someone with a little more training but at least most of the girls are easy on the eyes.  mmmm student beauticians :love4:

Dreepa

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 07, 2007, 09:07 AM NHFT
me am prepared to spread the news, or talk others into spreading it, on the internet and to do the other things I usually do in a support role.
Ditto.
I also volunteer myself to work with friendly reps to take some incremental pro-freedom legislative steps as a result of the media attention :)

Kat Kanning

So this didn't have anything to do with the bill that went through the legislature?

d_goddard

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 10, 2007, 10:57 AM NHFT
So this didn't have anything to do with the bill that went through the legislature?
The bill improved things a tiny little bit: instead of requiring 1,500 hours of training to be able to cut hair, now it is "only" 800 hours.

I believe the idea is to demonstrate that even 800 is far too high.
I think we could push for 8 hours as the next incremental step -- it's still 8 hours too many, but it's a hundred times better. And realistically, it means with 1 day of classes, anyone in a tight spot could open up a business to feed themselves...

lildog

Wouldn't that be the loop hole though?  If you cut while not licensed you can argue that you're simply "training".

powerchuter

Honestly, I don't think you could wash someone's hair without running afoul of the "law"...

I'm game to have some fun with it!  In my opinion it would be best to do it right on the steps of the capitol building with cameras running!  Someone can post the video on youtube right away...

error

Quote from: powerchuter on May 10, 2007, 02:44 PM NHFT
I'm game to have some fun with it!  In my opinion it would be best to do it right on the steps of the capitol building with cameras running!  Someone can post the video on youtube right away...

Bring a camera.