• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Could NH ports really sustain NH?

Started by PinoX7, May 22, 2007, 07:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PinoX7

Usually when i start talking about the FSP with some people they have questions i could answer fairly easily, One that i had trouble with, if NH was soverien could its ports be able to sustain it? Alot of people have trouble beliving NH could ever exist very long without the rest of the states major support.

Lex

Fluff and Stuff

Not only does NH have airports, but it has roads with CA and a port.  It is fine.

Dreepa

Libertarian Hippie

It's economy would probably suffer for a little while from sanctions that I'd assume the feds would take, but eventually I think they'd give up.

Of course, that's assuming they wouldn't just take NH by force if we succeeded.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: PinoX7 on May 22, 2007, 07:09 PM NHFT
Usually when i start talking about the FSP with some people they have questions i could answer fairly easily, One that i had trouble with, if NH was soverien could its ports be able to sustain it? Alot of people have trouble beliving NH could ever exist very long without the rest of the states major support.

all that soveriegnty talk is really putting the train of carts in front of our little colt

PinoX7

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 22, 2007, 11:32 PM NHFT

all that soveriegnty talk is really putting the train of carts in front of our little colt

Yeah thats true, i guess i should talk more about,
Preserving the constitution and civil rights stuff that wont set myself up for failure because i obviously dont have the answer to all these 'train cart' questions

Henry

True, it's just that it's my favorite daydream.

I think a real and functioning NH currency would be the crowbar to pry us out of the US.

AntonLee

Quote from: Henry on July 02, 2007, 12:18 PM NHFT

True, it's just that it's my favorite daydream.

I think a real and functioning NH currency would be the crowbar to pry us out of the US.

ah but what would be on this currency?  I like the picture on the main page of Dada Orwell, a good one for money.  How about a gun?  How about the porcupine.  Ok I'm done electronically fellating anyone.

mvpel

I think that NH is a net federal tax donor, if I'm remembering correctly.  It's us who are supporting the rest of the states, not the other way around.

Henry

Quote from: GraniteForge on July 02, 2007, 03:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: mvpel on July 02, 2007, 02:48 PM NHFT
I think that NH is a net federal tax donor, if I'm remembering correctly.  It's us who are supporting the rest of the states, not the other way around.

Correct.  We pay 2-5 times what we receive, in typical, given years.  Massachusetts, by contrast, receives 4-7 times what they pay.

If that's true that's incredible. I imagine the recent budget has done much to bring us towards Fed dependency. They WANT us to be dependent, and to receive all of the money they offer. Concord appears to be taking the bait. We need NO fed money.

KurtDaBear

Quote from: Dreepa on May 22, 2007, 09:27 PM NHFT
Switzerland doesn't have a port.

Don't go there--you'll revive the Wyoming debate.