• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Memories of a Good Day

Started by Brock, May 23, 2007, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

The grin pretty much says how I feel about what I do:

Cropped from this pic over the Grand Canyon:

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Cool reg number, too. Got the "N", got the "H", all threes in between... gotta be something karmic about that!  ;D

Saaaaay.... that doesn't look like a 1946 Ercoupe!

Brock

Quote from: KBCraig on May 23, 2007, 09:56 PM NHFT
Cool reg number, too. Got the "N", got the "H", all threes in between... gotta be something karmic about that!  ;D

Either that or [photo]shopic. :)

I don't have control of that particular girl anymore, so I can't really have her N-number plastered about.  I love her, but, she's not mine anymore.

KBCraig

Brock

Yep.  SR-22G2.  I train people to fly it initially, and 6 or 12 month recurrency for insurance certificates.  I have about as much time as anybody in them and had ~ 250 hours as an instructor in them flying in the right seat before I ever got to sit left seat in one (this one).  It's fun to fly and the only plane I've really felt comfortable flying back and forth across the country (including airliners).

KBCraig

Cool! I have about a dozen bootleg hours of "pilot most definitely not in command" right-seat time, in 152s and 172s, courtesy of an Army buddy who belonged to Darmstadt Flying Club while we were stationed in Germany in the '80s. (He was a Humpty-Diddle graduate, and is now a big muckety-muck for Air France.)

When I was a kid of 9 or 10, a close friend of my parents moved back to town. He had spent years down in Texas restoring crashed airframes, and he loaned me all his ground school books. I had those things so memorized, I probably could have aced the test!  ;D

I always figured that if I won the lottery, I'd get my ticket and buy a Porsche-Mooney, or possibly build one of the really advanced kits. But looking at the numbers on the SR-22, I'm really impressed, especially since it's fixed gear.

Strap on some oxygen, cruise at 85% turbo at FL 250, and get almost 14 mpg.  ;D

Kevin

aworldnervelink

Excellent, I have a whole 1/2 hour in the SR-22!

powerchuter

I have over 500 hours as an Ultralight Flight Instructor...
But I'm not doing that anymore...
Damn Feds...