• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lawmaker arrested for buying beer for woman

Started by LiveFreeOrDie, April 26, 2005, 09:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

LiveFreeOrDie

Re: Civil Disobedience ideas

http://www.unionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=53855

A state lawmaker who is also a University of New Hampshire student was arrested for allegedly buying a 20-pack of Bud Light for an underage female UNH student last week.

John Ward, 21, of Littleton, was charged with prohibited sales, a class A misdemeanor, after he allegedly bought the beer for a 20-year-old woman, according to police.

Ward is a Republican in his first term in the state House of Representatives representing District 1, which includes Littleton and Lyman, and serves on the House's Education Committee. He could face up to a year in jail and a $1,200 fine if convicted.

Russell Kanning

I have on and off thought of this particular idea ......at restaurants or retailers  8)

Kat Kanning

Notice the phrase "20 year old woman"...they acknowledge that this person is a woman and not a child!

Dreepa

Maybe the next charge is date rape?
Was it his girlfriend?

Mixed one this one... agree the law of 21 to drink is stupid but an elected official getting busted is always nice. >:D

Kat Kanning

Hah...making the authorities follow all their stupid laws is fun.  There was a cop behind me on Hwy 9 yesterday, so I drove at the exact speed limit.  It seemed to drive him crazy, and as soon as there was a passing lane, he passed me.

Pat K

Did you pull him over and lecture him about safty.

It's for the children you know officer.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: president on April 26, 2005, 10:01 AM NHFT
The NHLA gave him and F.

It is always nice to hear about lawmakers getting arrested.

Amen.