• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ed brown mini-demo 6/8 Manchester (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, June 07, 2007, 02:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

What:  Demo opposing Federal raids on Ed Brown
When:  2:00p - 3:30p, friday 6/8/07
Where:  Outside IRS office, 1000 Elm Street, Manchester NH

This is tentative and I may change or cancel it.  check back on this thread

http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=9118.msg158734#msg158734

or call me at 721 1490 for the latest

requesting this thread not be merged until at least 6/9

error

Dave Ridley

when i dont anser...u always get a voice mail option right?

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

my favorite sign ideas are

Dear Feds
Plz Don't
Hurt Ed
Brown
NHfree.com

and

IRS

Raineyrocks

Hi Dada,

I can't make the demonstration today because of the hours.  Are there going be more demonstrations this weekend?  If there are going to be some this weekend all 5 of us and possibly more can come down and I can even make some signs.  Do you use poster board paper to make the signs?
Would there maybe be a larger turn out of demonstrators on the weekend?
Sorry for all the questions. :)

Kat Kanning

Poster board works.  We usually use the more rigid foam board.

Dave Ridley

staples is a good place for poster board.  maybe we can do something sunday  and tuesday

sandm000

Dada:
Sorry I couldn't make it out there today, I won't be home until at least 5pm.
Brian

Quantrill

I was driving down Elm st. around 330 and saw Dada and someone else holding signs!

I honked and my co-worker waved. 

VERY cool!

Dave Ridley

i've posted a report to one of the other big ed brown threads

Bald Eagle

As for signs,

I briefly suggested to Dave that you might want to either cut out handles on the board, like on cardboard boxes, or attach shield-style handles such as large cabinet drawer-pulls, so that it's easier to hold the signs, especially in the wind, for hours and hours and hours.

How does the price of 1/8" plywood compare to foam-core?  I would imagine that due to it's durability, the plywood would be the most cost-effective over the long term - and we do plan on doing this over the LONG term.

Plywood signs could also be cut into sections and hinged, and then rigidified once unfolded with a cross-bar or some other system.  This would allow the signs to be folded up for transport, or slightly folded to stand up on a table like the presentation boards people use for conferences and job fairs.

We also discussed making some "sandwich boards" - which are great because you can have all sorts of stuff hanging off of those - dispensers for flyers, containers for holding pens, buttons, hats, etc.  I'll have to design something nice that would fold up into a box with a handle for some of our larger public demonstrations.