• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I owe the city $1500/month

Started by Quantrill, June 11, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lildog

"pleasure vehicles"

I need to get one of those  ;D

Ogre

Okay, since you said that "by the plates it's commercial" -- then I'm assuming that NH has those annoying plate that actually have "commercial" printed on them.  Therefore, the only effective way to get around this extra tax is to change the plates.  Who owns the truck?  It wasn't clear if you own the truck or your employer does.  I would guess that the reason for the commercial designation is for income tax purposes (to claim the truck as an expense).  So, if you want to park for free, you're going to have to get the plate changed, and then lose the expense line from the IRS forms (from either you or your employer).

If it's your truck, then go ahead and pay the fine and include it in your own business expenses on your tax forms.  If it's your employer, I don't know what the chances are that you can convince him to get the plate changed.  Would he sell you the vehicle?  Could you buy it from him over time as part of your employment and get it changed to your "pleasure" vehicle?

Then again, if it's just the plates, I wonder what the gubmint would do if you took the plates off at night...

Quantrill

It's my employer's truck.  I don't think it's the plates, it's the Company slogan and phone number on both sides of the vehicle. 

:bus:

I won't be able to reach the city clerk until Monday.  If I have to pay the city money, then I'm at least going to have some fun...

KBCraig

Quantrill, are you involving your employer in this? After all, it's their truck, and they're the ones who will get the bill if you don't pay the ticket. If they're giving you a take-home, I assume they've got at least a small fleet of trucks, all of which are parked somewhere every night.

The city ordinances make it illegal for you to respond to overnight call-outs if you would have to travel on "banned" streets, plus you couldn't park once you got there.

If I owned that kind of service company, I'd sure help raise some noise at city hall about this.

guy

My apologies if this information has already been posted, but is this a city-wide ban?  I ask because several large commercial vehicles have been parked overnight in front of my place for the last few days.  I'd like to park where I live.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Spencer

Quote from: guy on July 17, 2007, 06:58 PM NHFT

My apologies if this information has already been posted, but is this a city-wide ban?  I ask because several large commercial vehicles have been parked overnight in front of my place for the last few days.  I'd like to park where I live.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Don't rat anyone out.  That's just what the government would want you to do.

d_goddard

is this a city-wide ban?
Easiest way to find out is to call the city clerk's office (the number is earlier in this thread)

KBCraig

Quote from: d_goddard on July 17, 2007, 10:48 PM NHFT
is this a city-wide ban?
Easiest way to find out is to call the city clerk's office (the number is earlier in this thread)

Or just go down and see Dale Robinson.

Fragilityh14

Quote from: Spencer on June 13, 2007, 10:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Keith and Stuff on June 13, 2007, 10:03 PM NHFT
Can't you just cover it up with a big car cover?  Or just put big magnets with political messages over any of the work type info that is shown? 

Yeah, like fuck city ordinances.

LMAO

I agree

oh, and just to contribute something, I dont now what to try besides a letter to the editor.

guy

Quote from: Spencer on July 17, 2007, 08:02 PM NHFT

Don't rat anyone out.  That's just what the government would want you to do.

So instead of ratting them out, I should stay home from work, for however long, and wait until the truck owners come to their trucks, and ask them to not park in front of my home?

In other words, what's your solution?

Dreepa

Why can't they park in front of your house?

guy

Quote from: Dreepa on July 18, 2007, 08:11 PM NHFT
Why can't they park in front of your house?

Because if they're parked there, I can't.  Why can I not park in front of my home, just because some business decides to set up their parking lot there?  Isn't there something about life, liberty, and property?  My property, however, doesn't include the street.  That is government-owned.  Should I pull my car into my living room?

Dreepa

Park in your driveway.

If you get your car there before the truck then you can park there.

error

Don't live in an industrial yard.

guy

I guess I'm not as fortunate as you.  I don't have a driveway.