• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thursday Night Live Concerts - Veterans Park, Manchester

Started by ny2nh, July 09, 2007, 07:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ny2nh

All concerts start at 7 p.m. and are held RAIN OR SHINE in Veterans Park. They are FREE and open to the public. A concession stand is available at the park. Please bring a lawn chair or blanket.

July 12th: Tom Rush
A native of NH, Tom first made his mark on the music scene in the 1960's. His distinctive guitar style, wry humor and warm, expressive voice have made him both a legend and a lure to audiences around the world. His shows are filled with the rib-aching laughter of terrific story-telling, the sweet melancholy of ballads and the passion of gritty blues. www.tomrush.com

July 19th: James Montgomery
Back by popular demand! James and his band have been a staple on the music scene for over 30 years. Performances include an eclectic mix of Rock, Alternative Country & Pop, they are a band that can engage a crowd no matter where they are and no matter whom the audience might be. He has played onstage with Aerosmith, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, the Allman Brothers, Steve Miller, B.B.King, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Jr. Wells, James Cotton, Charlie Daniels, Laverne Baker, Patti LaBelle, and Peter Wolf among others. www.jamesmontgomery.com

July 26th: Josh Logan
A familiar face on the Manchester music scene, Josh recently made himself known round the world when he beat out 30,000 people to become a top finalist on CBS's "Rock Star Supernova." Although it is hard to pigeon-hole just what genre of music Josh specializes in, concert attendees can expect R&B, Rock, Funk music and more all presented in Josh's unique way. www.joshloganmusic.com

August 2nd : Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles
Sarah Borges has been described as a "honky-tonk punk princess." Her well-penned originals sit side by side with covers by folks as diverse as Dolly Parton and X, and she's drawn comparison to Lucinda Williams and Nico alike. The live shows win rabid converts for their high energy and Borges's undeniable charisma. www.sarahborges.com

Funded by the City of Manchester's Community Improvement Program and produced by Intown Manchester.

CNHT

error

Quote from: ny2nh on July 09, 2007, 07:55 PM NHFT
Funded by the City of Manchester's Community Improvement Program and produced by Intown Manchester.

In other words, you were forced to pay for this whether you wanted to or not.

CNHT

Quote from: error on July 09, 2007, 10:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on July 09, 2007, 07:55 PM NHFT

In other words, you were forced to pay for this whether you wanted to or not.

I was thinking the same thing. It's from the ministry of happiness, for your own good, and for your own entertainment, didn't you know? They have nothing better to do with your money.

Not that I don't like rock music, but I prefer to make my own.

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on July 10, 2007, 04:46 PM NHFT
maybe a place to hold RP signs?

Yep -- so long as you're paying for it you may as well make good use of it!
Bring a 4 x 8 and some lit!

CNHT

Quote from: CNHT on July 10, 2007, 04:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on July 10, 2007, 04:46 PM NHFT
maybe a place to hold RP signs?

Yep -- so long as you're paying for it you may as well make good use of it!
Bring a 4 x 8 and some lit!
I'd come but I'm on radio duty.