• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

IDEA: Press Release and Activist Alert lists

Started by FTL_Ian, May 12, 2005, 12:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

I have recently begun an "Industry Edition" of FTL's updates list for programmers and media people who want to keep up on the show.  It makes it a cinch to send out press releases and announcements.  This idea may work well for the Underground.

Perhaps news.nhfree.com or press.nhfree.com.  Whichever of you has been responsible for sending press releases, I suggest you go sign up for a google group at http://groups.google.com .  Once that's done, give me the URL, and I'll point the chosen subdomain there.  Then, contact EVERY journalist & media person who has reported on an NHFree event, and ask them if they want to be on the list.  If they say yes, DO NOT send an invitation, simply add their email directly to  the member list.

The Underground should also consider an activist alert list...

What say ye?

Dave Ridley

Sounds cool; although I'm not really interested in doing the legwork myself I hope someone does!

FTL_Ian

If there is a go-to person for the media, someone who has interacted with the journalists already and has good rapport, that should be the person.  I can take care of the group creation, and tech side, but contacting NH media would be innapropriate for me to do.

What should the group be called?  "NHFree News" ?

What should the subdomin be called?  "News.nhfree.com"?

Looking for alternate ideas... then I'll create the group.  Once that's done, whomever would like the responsibility, I can make a moderator.

jgmaynard

I could probably help out with contacting the press, and talking with them.

I was, after all, one of the three "official" NH media reps (guess I still am) for the FSP, and have done tons of newspaper, and several radio and TV interviews and newsletting before. So, I have done the job before (pretty well, I think!), I know most of the reporters and they know me, plus spin is my spec-e-al-i-ty! :D

Let me know what you need done, Ian (contact me off-list if you want) and I will do such a thing! :)

Methinks we should put together a press pack, yes?

JM

FTL_Ian

Quote from: jgmaynard on May 12, 2005, 04:01 PM NHFT
Methinks we should put together a press pack, yes?

JM

Sounds like a good related project.  What do you think about my suggested names?  Got any other ideas?

jgmaynard

NH Free News sounds like the best one to me so far! :D

JM

FTL_Ian

Jim,

It is done:

http://news.nhfree.com/

I've added you as a moderator, but you may have to create an account to actually go moderate.  Give it a try, and tell me what happens.

Ian

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

I think the "news" part is going to cause a problem....it's like it's looking for a usenet group.

jgmaynard

OK..I'm signed up (never had a google groups account before), but I probably need to be switched now to moderator. Tell me if I'm wrong. :)

JM

FTL_Ian

Okay.. it should be working now:

http://news.nhfree.com

Jim, you should have manager access.. see if you can add members.

FTL_Ian

Okay... who else wants manager access?  With all the press releases you guys are working on, 'twould be a shame to keep sending them individually to each outlet.  This could be a big time saver for you guys...

jgmaynard

Now I can't get in at all..... Is my name/addy stil on the list?

JM