• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

My profile is all messed up, still

Started by Raineyrocks, May 13, 2008, 07:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Where it has home, help, search, profile, etc. it's all in hardly readable white so are post new topics, reply etc.  I can't put an avatar on my profile no matter what I do.

I'm not sure what is wrong, I have all the defaults set correctly and everything is like it always was except for the stuff I wrote of above.

It all started when I deleted a post on the Shire thread of me and Rick's pictures, but why would that mess up my entire profile?

Oh yeah, I have no smiley options either, they are just not there.

Should I repost my pictures under the Shire thread?  That's the only possible thing I can think of that changed everything else.

Kat, I know you offered some solution but I tried all of them.  I just don't understand this, should I delete my account and start all over again?

Raineyrocks

I can't respond normally to posts either, some strange box comes up and says I can do a quick reply but it's not normal.  I can't even see the modify option to add this to my post on top of this one.

Viscid

It sounds like you've disabled images or blocked them for this forum, possibly with an ad blocker in your browser. Does the forum look normal when you logout and view it as a guest?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Viscid on May 13, 2008, 11:01 PM NHFT
It sounds like you've disabled images or blocked them for this forum, possibly with an ad blocker in your browser. Does the forum look normal when you logout and view it as a guest?

That is an excellent suggestion that I didn't think of however I went into my ad blocker in my virus program and unchecked it and also allowed this website pretty much free reign with all of the security options and nothing has changed.

The forum looks the same whether I'm logged in or not, so I don't know what else to do.  I tried to put up another avatar, it didn't work again.

Viscid

If the forum appears the same when logged out it pretty much eliminates the possibility that your profile is the problem, since your profile settings aren't used when logged out.

Have you tried viewing the forums with a different browser?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Viscid on May 14, 2008, 10:17 AM NHFT
If the forum appears the same when logged out it pretty much eliminates the possibility that your profile is the problem, since your profile settings aren't used when logged out.

Have you tried viewing the forums with a different browser?

I'm doing Mozilla now but no I haven't tried Explorer yet because I really don't want to use that anymore. 

The weirdest thing is that I've gone on the Nhteaparty forum and everything is fine.  I can put up an avatar and everything.  Right now this is pretty annoying because when I reply to a post I get this quick reply thing at the bottom of my computer, then I have to click on "quick reply", then go back to the post I want to respond to and it is back at the top of my page like it used to be but nothing else is the same.

Raineyrocks

Kat ,

I don't see any of your messages to me now that you wrote on this thread, weird huh?  I don't have you on my ignore list unfortunately somehow when I went into my profile again today, trying to fix it, it showed the person that is ignoring me here, which is unusual because it used to just say ignored by 1 member.  It's so strange because every time I log on something even stranger happens with my profile.

I personally never wanted to know who was ignoring me because now that I know my feelings are totally hurt and I don't understand what I've ever said or done to this particular person to deserve to be put on an ignore list.

So anyways if I delete my account and start all over would I be able to keep my raineyrocks name?  Do you think that will fix these problems? 

NJLiberty

Rainey,

I don't see any posts in this thread from Kat either. I don't think its you, unless you and I are suffering from the same thing.

George

Kat Kanning

I hadn't posted in this thread yet.  I sent you some PMs trying to help.

Kat Kanning

Rainey, I wouldn't get upset about the ignore.  Sometimes it's hard keeping up with the forum, and I think some people might choose to read posts that are just about activism.  I know Dada does that.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 19, 2008, 04:19 PM NHFT
I hadn't posted in this thread yet.  I sent you some PMs trying to help.

Oh! Duh! Well at least something makes sense!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 19, 2008, 04:21 PM NHFT
Rainey, I wouldn't get upset about the ignore.  Sometimes it's hard keeping up with the forum, and I think some people might choose to read posts that are just about activism.  I know Dada does that.

Thanks Kat.   I know your right I shouldn't take it to heart but it's not Dada ignoring me it's someone that really just caught me by surprise but I'll get over it.  Plus I'm pmsing big time so I'm real sensitive, sometimes I hate having hormones.

TackleTheWorld

Surprise! 
Yeah, you don't deserve it, Rainey.
I just ignore rude people, all talk/no action people, and people who insult cats!!

TackleTheWorld

Pat K