• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian summoned to court - 10-01-08

Started by Coconut, September 26, 2008, 12:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

I'll know more about that next week.  The "court" is just doing its job.  They are a different tentacle than "code enforcement".  It's possible they could still discharge the matter.

John

Wish I could be there but can't this time. Good luck.

lastlady

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 03, 2008, 12:22 PM NHFT
They have scheduled a "trial" without my consent and without me understanding the proceedings against me for 10/29 at 10am in Keene "district court".

Isn't the proceeding for not removing the couch and not paying the fine?

David

Quote from: lastlady on October 02, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFT
Be the change you seek in the world. If we want people to stop relying on the State to solve their problems we must do so, and show by example. If you want people to feel compassion and start to have understanding, treat them with kindness and show them compassion and forgiveness. The old saying you get more with sugar than you do spice is very true. In this situation I would definitely try to befriend the neighbor, if it doesn't work, harassing her still won't make anything better for anyone.

Agreed. 
I am sorry the court wants to see you again Ian. 

FTL_Ian

Quote from: lastlady on October 03, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT
They have scheduled a "trial" without my consent and without me understanding the proceedings against me for 10/29 at 10am in Keene "district court".

I have questions about the nature and cause of the proceedings and they won't answer them, and instead push on through their process.

lastlady

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 04, 2008, 12:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: lastlady on October 03, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT

I have questions about the nature and cause of the proceedings and they won't answer them, and instead push on through their process.

They probably don't even know themselves. I admire your stance and courage to question their authority and legitimacy. I am pretty confident it will work out in your favor. Curious how lunch with the couch enforcer goes.