• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Free Stater-Owned Pub in Keene Area?

Started by FTL_Ian, September 06, 2007, 12:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

I have a buddy in the Army that would go bar hopping in a kilt.
He's a pretty crazy guy though.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Pat K on September 06, 2007, 01:20 PM NHFT
Well I don't have the legs for one.  ;D

This web site has good ones and funny video ads.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

Come on, Pat, you've got the most manly physique of anyone on the planet.
Ya make Gibbson look like a little girl.

Oh! Gross Gott, that kilt is $515.70!  http://www.utilikilts.com/store/customizer.php

Pat K

515 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not see that.

Damn that might add up to all the stuuf I have bought
to wear in the last 2 years.

EthanAllen

Don't forget the Highland Games are coming to NH soon and the proposed $50 million dollar Scottish center in Concord - remember it all started with the Scottish enlightenment!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Enlightenment
excerpt:

The first major philosopher of the Scottish Enlightenment was Francis Hutcheson,[4] who held the Chair of Philosophy at the University of Glasgow from 1729 to 1746. A moral philosopher with alternatives to the ideas of Thomas Hobbes, one of his major contributions to world thought was the utilitarian and consequentialist principle that virtue is that which provides, in his words, "the greatest happiness for the greatest numbers."

Much of what is incorporated in the scientific method (the nature of knowledge, evidence, experience, and causation) and some modern attitudes towards the relationship between science and religion were developed by David Hume. "Like many of the learned Scots, he revered the new science of Copernicus, Bacon, Galileo, Kepler, Boyle, and Newton; he believed in the experimental method and loathed superstition."[4]

Adam Smith developed and published The Wealth of Nations, the first work in modern economics. This famous study, which had an immediate impact on British economic policy, still frames 21st century discussions on globalization and tariffs.[5]

Scottish Enlightenment thinkers developed what Hume called a "science of man"[6] which was expressed historically in works by such as James Burnett, Adam Ferguson, John Millar, and William Robertson, all of whom merged a scientific study of how humans behave in ancient and primitive cultures with a strong awareness of the determining forces of modernity. Gathering places in Edinburgh such as The Select Society and, later, The Poker Club, were among the crucibles from which many of the ideas which distinguish the Scottish Enlightenment emerged.

The focus of the Scottish Enlightenment ranged from intellectual and economic matters to the specifically scientific as in the work of William Cullen, physician and chemist, James Anderson, a lawyer and agronomist, Joseph Black, physicist and chemist, and James Hutton, the first modern geologist.[4][7]

While the Scottish Enlightenment is traditionally considered to have concluded toward the end of the 18th century,[6] it is worth noting that disproportionately large Scottish contributions to British science and letters continued for another fifty years or more, thanks to such figures as James Hutton, James Watt, William Murdoch, James Clerk Maxwell, Lord Kelvin and Sir Walter Scott.

Jim Johnson

Yaa, ya know, I could piss in 15 pairs of pants for 515 bucks... But you're go'na buy one right?

I think the women are wait'n to see a real man in a kilt.

And according to the last post, you'd be one of the smartest men on the planet.

Pat K

Naah I think I will leave it to the avantguard fashion guys.

I will stick to my snappy suspenders and jeans.

Jim Johnson

Tom Sawyer

Yeah we should all wear kilts... that would sure freak em out.  ;D And play kazoos!

Tom Sawyer

Me and some german guys got kicked out of a bar in DC because we wouldn't stop singing the Budweiser Adventure Team song. ;D They told me about some commercials in Germany that featured the Budweiser Adventure Team.

Tom Sawyer

The bar was named HELL... now I can tell people, I got kicked outta HELL. 8)

Jim Johnson

Yaa, I think that's the rule...Ya can't sing in Hell.
Maybe some of the guys who know law can jump in here and ruin the thread.

Pat K

Ya no singing and no pulling on the devils tail
he hates that.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Facilitator on September 06, 2007, 09:29 PM NHFT
Yaa, I think that's the rule...Ya can't sing in Hell.
Maybe some of the guys who know law can jump in here and ruin the thread.
Quote from: Pat K on September 06, 2007, 09:35 PM NHFT
Ya no singing and no pulling on the devils tail
he hates that.

;D ;D ;D

I'm part of the Corona Adventure Team tonight.  ;) Had it smuggled in by some illegals, mmmm... illegal beer (in my best Homer Simpson voice)

Tom Sawyer

So a soldier,a sailor and a marine take over this thread see...

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 06, 2007, 09:44 PM NHFT
So a soldier,a sailor and a marine take over this thread see...

Oh, jees...