• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Free Stater-Owned Pub in Keene Area?

Started by FTL_Ian, September 06, 2007, 12:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

So, back on topic:

I e-mailed the proprietors and one of them wrote me back:

QuoteIan,

I was one of the first to sign up in the days when it was a dream...:-)  I moved to NH before it was chosen, because i was confident that THIS was the last bastion of freedom in the US.
The FSPers would OF COURSE be welcome at our place. We open at 12 noon on Sundays, and go to 8 or 9  pm (or later) depending on the sunday crowd (which is variable).  Meals are served throughout the hours we are open (which permits those under 21 to be there), and smoking is permitted on our 68-person deck (smoke-free inside, all by our own choice of course).  We'd be delighted to have you.  We are normally closed on wednesdays, but we open on the second wednesday of every month for a local gay night (the only one for hours around).  We're pretty much in the, "we'll do it OUR way, thank you" mode.

Check us out at www.ceilidhhouse.net

Thom

Tom Sawyer

Did I ever tell ya'll the time I watched a Lt. get his ass kicked by a bunch of monkeys?  ;D

Pat K

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 06, 2007, 09:51 PM NHFT
So, back on topic:

I e-mailed the proprietors and one of them wrote me back:

QuoteIan,

I was one of the first to sign up in the days when it was a dream...:-)  I moved to NH before it was chosen, because i was confident that THIS was the last bastion of freedom in the US.
The FSPers would OF COURSE be welcome at our place. We open at 12 noon on Sundays, and go to 8 or 9  pm (or later) depending on the sunday crowd (which is variable).  Meals are served throughout the hours we are open (which permits those under 21 to be there), and smoking is permitted on our 68-person deck (smoke-free inside, all by our own choice of course).  We'd be delighted to have you.  We are normally closed on wednesdays, but we open on the second wednesday of every month for a local gay night (the only one for hours around).  We're pretty much in the, "we'll do it OUR way, thank you" mode.

Check us out at www.ceilidhhouse.net

Thom

Very cool.

FTL_Ian

It sounds like the deck at Ceilidh House might hold more people than the entire inside of Murphy's!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 06, 2007, 09:54 PM NHFT
It sounds like the deck at Ceilidh House might hold more people than the entire inside of Murphy's!

Yeah what Pat said.

Tom Sawyer

Pat K

They serve good Beer, but they can keep the Haggis.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah they don't make it in the sheep stomach like the real stuff.

Jim Johnson

I think it's legal to make haggis out of beef stomach... maybe some of the guys who know law can jump in here and ruin the thread.

Tom Sawyer

ArcRiley

Quote from: Facilitator on September 06, 2007, 08:16 PM NHFT
Oh! Gross Gott, that kilt is $515.70!  http://www.utilikilts.com/store/customizer.php

Um - I own two right now.  One cost me $115, the other $165.

I've worn the latter almost every day for the past year, washing overnight, since after you've worn a kilt for awhile you learn to hate pants.  It's basically the same condition as when I built it.  Nice US-made uniform fabric lasts, much like Carhart brand.  In the same amount of time, a year, I usually go through 3-4 pairs of jeans.

The high cost is of course not the fabric, it's that their production is still so low volume and their product so unique they're having to make them with just a sewing machine.  Each kilt has dozens of pleats, that takes time.

You may want to spend a bit more time looking around the store..

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator on September 06, 2007, 10:26 PM NHFT
I think it's legal to make haggis out of beef stomach... maybe some of the guys who know law can jump in here and ruin the thread.

Were's Russell? He is used to ruining it for everyone.

Jim Johnson

Oh...My...God...What's Russell making haggis out of?

David

I'm not much of a drinker, but I would like to go there with some of the guys, be fun. 

Pat K

Yeah I'm not much of a drinker either,
but I would go.