• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy in your Head Web Comics

Started by dalebert, October 20, 2007, 04:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Heh, I had to look up what it was.

J’raxis 270145

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 04, 2007, 03:11 PM NHFT
Heh, I had to look up what it was.

You can have one shipped to you by these folk.

cajungrocer.com

dalebert

I got curious to try one after drawing this. :) I tried the Amazon from FTL link but theirs are much more expensive and this one actually seems to be a few pounds more. I'm seriously thinking of ordering one to my mom's house in Atlanta for the holidays.

Oh, I was just looking at the description. This is probably not a big deal, but they actually stuff a duck breast inside the chicken and stuff the chicken into the turkey. That's not proper turducken. :)

dalebert

Good news. The Ron Paul Christmas cards are starting to sell now. I had been planning to try out a premium store for a few months which allows me to have a lot more products; unlimited I think. That way I can put out products for each cartoon. If someone really likes a toon, they can get it on a mug or t-shirt, for instance. So anyway, it looks like the sells from the Ron Paul cards will cover the cost making it easier for me to justify expanding the store for a few months to see how it goes.

dalebert

OK, one I'm probably going to order is linked from the latest cartoon. Anarchy In Your Head is also an Amazon associate which means proceeds from purchases I refer go to support the site (me).  ;D So anyway, if you order a turducken using the link on my website, you'll be helping support Anarchy In Your Head (me).

dalebert

The Anarchy In Your Head Store has been expanded significantly. There are lots of items available for the George Bush on the can comic and the Turducken comic. The Ron Paul Christmas section has been added as well. I'd love for people to check it out and just let me know what you think. I don't mean go buy stuph, but you certainly can.  ;D Just take a look around and if you get any ideas for constructive criticism, toss them my way. It's very late so I've stopped working on it tonight but I have plans to add quite a bit more stuph soon including more sections for other cartoons that I think people might like and an FTL section with Manwich (Mark from FTL).

If you do want to buy anything, it appears Dec 9th is the cutoff if you want to safely expect it by Christmas using the cheapest shipping method available. There are faster methods available at higher cost.

Puke

HOLY SHIT! I can't believe you have the Manwich logo! :biglaugh:

Pat K

Quote from: Puke on December 06, 2007, 03:14 PM NHFT
HOLY SHIT! I can't believe you have the Manwich logo! :biglaugh:

He is just ahead of the curve, Manwich is hitting the big time.

Bill Clinton To Become Spokesman For Manwich

See here http://humor.propeller.com/story/2007/12/01/bill-clinton-to-become-spokesman-for-manwich

dalebert

dalebert

Yes, there's an Easter egg. :)

Update: I just realized there's a bug in the comic and It's too freakin' late to fix it right now. :) Can anyone find it? It's like a 2nd easter egg.  ;)

dalebert

Well no one found the bug, or at least they didn't care enough to post about it. Now it's been fixed so nyah. :)

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on December 08, 2007, 10:31 PM NHFT
Well no one found the bug, or at least they didn't care enough to post about it. Now it's been fixed so nyah. :)

Oh fine, the bug was ,her sleeves were blue in the first few
panels. Instead of the green in later panels.

Are you happy now, cool whip man?

David

Dale, I'm curious.  Do you know of anyone else using the 'easter egg' gimmick?  If not then I think you came up with a new dimension to traditional comics that could be used if promoted aggressively enough and fast enough, to flank the comic strip market.  A niche so to speak, big enough to squeeze into a syndication.   Your potential market could be any news media that traditionally has a comics page, of course internet version.  Just a thought. 
I think comics will survive the new media much as sports, reality shows, soaps, ect will.  It really doesn't matter what gov't does, copyrights will not last. Only media that is new, on a frequent basis will survive digital.  It may be a good, but competitive business to be in if you can make a go of it. 

dalebert

Pat, you know me. I'm never happy. I can always find SOMETHING to complain about.