• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy in your Head Web Comics

Started by dalebert, October 20, 2007, 04:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I never thought of you as a complainer.

srqrebel

Yeah, if Dale complains about something, it usually deserves it. :)

dalebert

There's a new entry about Hunter's Ron Paul Rebel site since I did the graphic for it. I thought I'd go ahead and make a quick post about his site since he was nice enough to link back to me.

Quote from: David on December 08, 2007, 11:15 PM NHFT
I think comics will survive the new media much as sports, reality shows, soaps, ect will.  It really doesn't matter what gov't does, copyrights will not last. Only media that is new, on a frequent basis will survive digital.  It may be a good, but competitive business to be in if you can make a go of it. 

I don't know of anyone using Easter eggs specifically for comics. They're being used in other media. I think you're right about copyrights not lasting into the new media age and that it will be good for consumers in terms of variety and quality of material. It will take new and innovative ways for people to make a living in media and to keep people coming back for more. We'll have to work a little harder than people have had to with the violence of copyright law behind them but that's how it should be.

Russell Kanning

dalebert

There's some cute dialog but it looks like he got his art from a corporate training handbook. Also, why are some of them in a painful-to-read bright red?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on December 12, 2007, 07:11 PM NHFT
There's some cute dialog but it looks like he got his art from a corporate training handbook.

I thought the fact that they're so obviously clip-art—the same few images are used over and over—was part of his style of humor.

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 12, 2007, 11:24 PM NHFT
I thought the fact that they're so obviously clip-art—the same few images are used over and over—was part of his style of humor.

Yeah, I think that's probably fine. The dialogue is where it's at. He's got some good stuph there. I just wish he would avoid using all red images. It's unpleasant to look at and read.

Tom Sawyer

I see that Sunni Maravillosa has your cartoon on her blog.  8)

http://www.sunnimaravillosa.com/blog/3

dalebert

New cartoon is up and <sarcasm>I'm sure this one won't be controversial at all.</sarcasm> I think it's a lot funnier than last weeks though.

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2007/12/21/the-choice-is-an-illusion/

If you like it, please digg it. As usual, I encourage people to leave any comments at the site so others can see them as well and respond.

Tom Sawyer

Dugg

Noticed a typo in the text part "Chose".

Be careful Dale you are now the official lightning rod for the frustrated get out the vote juggernaut.  ;D

Man I am again shocked how rabid folks get with politics. When the good Dr. doesn't win the nomination it will be the fault of a handful of non-voters.  :P

This need to organize into gangs is very divisive.

Kat Kanning

I don't think it should be controversial.  Just seemed complimentary to Ron Paul to me.  It was funny :)

Bald Eagle

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 21, 2007, 02:31 PM NHFT
Man I am again shocked how rabid folks get with politics. When the good Dr. doesn't win the nomination it will be the fault of a handful of non-voters.  :P

This need to organize into gangs is very divisive.

Well that's the whole idea behind pitting people against each other by politicians controlling things outside of their defined sphere of authority.
They MAKE it a zero-sum game.  When you win, I lose.
If I don't control 100% of the game, I control 0%.

Politics suck.  I want to move to the point where we can urge people to abolish the systems of coercion entirely, but there's still too many people asleep, brainwashed, bribed, blackmailed, and with vested interests in the existing system. 

Getting Ron Paul the Republican nomination puts him on National TV, on the lips of everyone in America, in the newspapers, on the radio, and in the oppositions face - asking hard questions and demanding harder answers.

Voting in the PRIMARY doesn't initiate force against anyone. 
But it does an astronomical amount to put the messages of Liberty and personal responsibility out in the public dialog and get people thinking about the real issues - how can you expect them to help you abolish an evil system if they don't even know it's evil???

I'm not making any personal attacks, I'm not going to blame anyone, and I'm not looking to lose any friends or burn any bridges, I'm just having a fucking migraine trying to understand what avowed allies of Liberty lovers are doing not voting in the primary for Ron Paul.

Just because people are my friends doesn't mean that I can't get upset about their decisions, especially when they can affect me in a significant way.

Jacobus

That was one of the funniest yet - dugg!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on December 21, 2007, 02:18 PM NHFT
If you like it, please digg it. As usual, I encourage people to leave any comments at the site so others can see them as well and respond.
so there is the comment section :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Bald Eagle on December 21, 2007, 07:38 PM NHFT
I'm not making any personal attacks, I'm not going to blame anyone, and I'm not looking to lose any friends or burn any bridges, I'm just having a fucking migraine trying to understand what avowed allies of Liberty lovers are doing not voting in the primary for Ron Paul.
Just like if the UN held an election .... I shouldn't vote if I don't want to join the organization. For me it is nothing against decent guys like Ron Paul ... just can't do it. :)