• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom activism in the Lebanon/Dartmouth area.

Started by Porcupine_in_MA, October 25, 2007, 11:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PattyLee loves dogs

QuoteI spend a fair amount of time at the hospital too.  Hopefully I'll be seeing you around, Telomerase.

I should be starting on Dec. 4th. I'll email you if I survive the trip (I'm driving through both Cleveland and Buffalo). Then I may begin to assist you in your missionary work among the overprivileged youth gangs  ;D

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 26, 2007, 09:39 AM NHFT
Oh, if you tell me where I should take them, I'll deliver papers to Dartmouth.  It always has ads for FTL.

I took a stack of papers to what I took to be the Student Union (Collins I think it was).  It didn't seem like the best place.  Maybe I should have just left a few around all the tables.

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 27, 2007, 12:14 PM NHFT
I took a stack of papers to what I took to be the Student Union (Collins I think it was).  It didn't seem like the best place.  Maybe I should have just left a few around all the tables.

Collis is a pretty good place to leave papers.  Another good place might be the libraries.  There are drop boxes for other papers (Dartmouth student papers, the Valley News) there.  If you approach the libraries and a receptionist is in view, go in and say that you publish an underground newspaper and ask if you can leave some copies for students to take if they would like.  I'm sure they would not have a problem with that.  It's always good to keep someone appraised about what you are doing so that they don't do something unwarranted like call campus security.

Anyway, Kat, would you still be interested in taking a little tour of Dartmouth campus and downtown Hanover on Sat. after lunch?  We can strategize about the best places to leave papers.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on November 29, 2007, 04:28 AM NHFTI'm sure they would not have a problem with that.  It's always good to keep someone appraised about what you are doing so that they don't do something unwarranted like call campus security.

Anyway, Kat, would you still be interested in taking a little tour of Dartmouth campus and downtown Hanover on Sat. after lunch?  We can strategize about the best places to leave papers.
Both Keene State and Franklin Pierce have been cool with our papers.
Touring would be perfect. People could tag along and check things out. :)

the_liberty_belle

So, I just got a piece of mail that said Lebanon wants to build a new junior hs... at the expense of every homeowner here.  I feel like it's inevitable that every city employee and PTA mom is going to come out and make sure this gets voted in.  Even the flier was an advertisement to come out and vote *for* the school, sent by the city of course. 

Anybody who lives in Leb want to brainstorm some activism-type ideas that we could use to fight against this?  I'm definitely still too scared to withold my property taxes, but before long it will be tough to afford them.  :-\

Lloyd Danforth

Move to Grafton, or, at least consider buying  property and eventually settling here. It is not ideal, taxwise, but, it is more manageable as far as changing the government than Lebanon will ever be. 

the_liberty_belle

I see your point.  But I just bought a house in Lebanon, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Lloyd Danforth

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on February 01, 2008, 07:28 AM NHFT
Move to Grafton, or, at least consider buying  property and eventually settling here. It is not ideal, taxwise, but, it is more manageable as far as changing the government than Lebanon will ever be. 

Are the Grafton locals, traditional Yankees? E.g. Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours? I know because I am one and come from a long line of them...where I moved to in Exeter its too big-city nosey, and big government for my taste, for the most part. I'm guessing since Grafton is small, than thats the case. I like what I've seen so far of it, one store...blink or you'll miss it...reminds me of the part of Mass I'm from which is the western end, which is all woods and farms mostly.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on February 01, 2008, 08:35 AM NHFT
I see your point.  But I just bought a house in Lebanon, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Congratulations.  Do you own it, or does the bank?

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Black Sam Rackham on February 25, 2008, 11:42 PM NHFT

Thanks, Sam.

Why do you ask?  Do you have a civil disobedience idea?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Porcupine_in_NH on February 25, 2008, 10:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on February 01, 2008, 07:28 AM NHFT

Are the Grafton locals, traditional Yankees? E.g. Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours? I know because I am one and come from a long line of them...where I moved to in Exeter its too big-city nosey, and big government for my taste, for the most part. I'm guessing since Grafton is small, than thats the case. I like what I've seen so far of it, one store...blink or you'll miss it...reminds me of the part of Mass I'm from which is the western end, which is all woods and farms mostly.

Mostly old Yankee types, some statists.

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Black Sam Rackham on February 25, 2008, 11:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: the_liberty_belle on February 01, 2008, 08:35 AM NHFT

or does the government?
They want about 3% rent payment every year. :(