• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Calling all Anarchists and Agorists and Out of the System Activists

Started by David, November 13, 2007, 12:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Blackie on December 03, 2007, 09:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on December 03, 2007, 08:03 PM NHFT
Keene is civilization, Grafton not.  Easy choice.
grafton = one cop that gets voted on, no zoning
keene = too fucking many cops, zoning

Easy choice Ian?

Westmoreland (next door to Keene) doesn't even have a cop, but they do have some zoning.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: kimochinews on December 04, 2007, 03:58 AM NHFT
Does no zoning mean you can build an extra house, or a place of business on your property?

Are the property taxes much different in the two areas?

Keene's property taxes are the second highest in the state.   >:(

Lex

Does no zoning mean you can build an extra house, or a place of business on your property?

Yes, the only time you have to deal with authority is to let them know that you've built something so they can tax it and if you're doing a septic system or well you have to get state approval, nothing can be done at the town level about that as those are state environmental laws.

Are the property taxes much different in the two areas?

Probably.

David

To answer your first question. 
When folks started moving they went to places based on the type of activism that is attractive to them.  the political activists to concord and manchester, and the apoliticals to Keene.  Most activists followed other activists doing things that interested them. 
Beyond the actual fsp movement, Keene is an activist friendly town.  I've had a few people tell me the police are not as hostile as in manchester. 
If you are uncertain, feel free to visit.  Join us for the weekly meet n greet called social sunday, or announce your visit in advance and some of us can try to meet up with you.   :)  Some of us are definitely trying to get out of the system activists here.  You will be welcomed. 

Lloyd Danforth

John Edward Mercier

The one dwelling per may not cover family compounds, and other such intricacies.

KJM

What if I utilize both political and apolitical means to secure my liberty? Where should I move then?

I actually decided years ago (before I knew about the FSP) to move to Keene NH or thereabouts to attend KSC and enjoy living in what seemed the only decent state east of the Mississippi. That was before I realized that university education was nearly as much a waste of time as my previous 12 years of indoctrination. So now I'm just moving for freedom.

The more research I do, the more I lean towards Grafton though. I'll probably have to start off in Keene until I can afford to buy some land and build a house. I'm not setting anything in stone, however, until I get to actually look around and visit the people and places of NH when I come up for a few weeks for Porcfest.

David

I will never discourage someone from moving to Keene because they are political.  There are several political in the area, sympathetic to our cause, the a politicals just outnumber them.   
I simply choose to actively encourage those of like interests to mine, to come here, as it seems to have become a preferred spot for out of the system activism anyway.   :)

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: KJM on December 11, 2007, 08:01 PM NHFT
What if I utilize both political and apolitical means to secure my liberty? Where should I move then?

I actually decided years ago (before I knew about the FSP) to move to Keene NH or thereabouts to attend KSC and enjoy living in what seemed the only decent state east of the Mississippi. That was before I realized that university education was nearly as much a waste of time as my previous 12 years of indoctrination. So now I'm just moving for freedom.

The more research I do, the more I lean towards Grafton though. I'll probably have to start off in Keene until I can afford to buy some land and build a house. I'm not setting anything in stone, however, until I get to actually look around and visit the people and places of NH when I come up for a few weeks for Porcfest.

Lots of restraints are local in NH... and State activism can be done with support networks. So options are many.

srqrebel

Quote from: KJM on December 11, 2007, 08:01 PM NHFT

Speaking as a completely apolitical resident of the Keene area, I would certainly welcome you to the Keene area.  If you do any outside-the-system activism at all, IMO you would make a welcome addition to our activist group :)

One thing is for sure, the Keene activist group is both on the increase and very active, and I can assure you that you ain't seen nothin yet! >:D

That said, I too am leaning a bit towards Grafton.  It seems to be attracting not only outside-the-system (and some political) activists, but also back-to-the-land types.  I really like the whole back-to-the-land, self-sufficiency aspect of Grafton.