• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Curious observation about Texas

Started by KBCraig, November 16, 2007, 04:25 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I can't actually remember which of these stories did it for her, so you get two gross stories for the price of one.

When I was young, I had this big tomcat who would get in lots of fights.  One time it was all tore up and his head got all infected and swelled up like crazy.  My dad didn't want to take the cat to the vet, so he decided to release the pressure on the cat's head himself.  I held the cat while he took a razor blade to the infected head.  The cat, of course, jumped like crazy when cut.  The razor blade slipped and cut my arm - I had a scar for a long time.  The cat's head sprayed bloody pus all over - it looked like a mixture of catsup and mayonaisse.

Another pet story from when I was young.  Our dog was having problems, so we took her to the vet.  The vet wormed her.  It was so impressive, the vet brought out the worms for us to see.  It was like a huge plate of squirming spaghetti.  I believe we had spaghetti for dinner that night, too.

Those seem pretty mild to me, but one of them made the lady barf.  Overly squimish I guess.

Lloyd Danforth

Mythbusters take suggestions on their website for Myths to bust.  I suggested they do a DNA test on several Chineese take out places and see if they come up with any Cat DNA.

Pat K

Well not to upsetting to me, but good stories,
Ya got to like a Vet. who is that proud of his work.  ;D

Your first story should be titled= Cat pus and razor blades.

error

Funny, I was in a Chinese place near me when someone called up on the phone and apparently ordered cat. The nice lady explained to whoever it was, while I was standing there, that she couldn't serve cat, she'd get shut down by the health department!

Later I realized that implicit in that statement was that she might serve cat if she thought she could.

Kat Kanning

error

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 19, 2007, 06:48 PM NHFT
Have you been back to that place?

Oh yes, I eat there all the time. I just don't order the cat.

Pat K

Yes never order the  Meow Shu Pancakes special.

Insurgent

I was reading one of my survival books recently and came across this quote "The cat, unless it is a good hunter, is next in the pot. Once dressed it is virtually indistinguishable from rabbit" I've heard that rabbit tastes like chicken, but haven't eaten either cat or rabbit before. My pussoms would be scandalized by this discussion!  :P

error

You'll distinguish them the instant you take a bite. Cats are carnivores, remember?

Insurgent

Uh-oh, she's giving me a dirty look  :-\

David

Curious.  Why don't americans traditionally eat any meateater except fish?  I eat what I know tastes good, but have never tried to eat nontraditional foods. 

Lloyd Danforth

Maybe because they are smart and hard to get

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on November 19, 2007, 04:01 PM NHFT
True story, at work on our 3 man nights
we take a break from the fine dinning
experience offered at the Hospital and
get some kind of take out.

So we order some Chinese food, newer
place right around the corner .

Food tastes bad. Bitch about it and
say we won't order from there again.

A couple nights later I am reading the paper
and find out the place was raided and shut
down for serving SEAGULL!!

I could make one of the guys I was
working with get nauseous for months
after just by doing a seagulls cry.  ;D

Wow, that's one I've never heard of before. :o  I guess seagulls don't taste like chicken. :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 19, 2007, 04:41 PM NHFT
I can't actually remember which of these stories did it for her, so you get two gross stories for the price of one.

When I was young, I had this big tomcat who would get in lots of fights.  One time it was all tore up and his head got all infected and swelled up like crazy.  My dad didn't want to take the cat to the vet, so he decided to release the pressure on the cat's head himself.  I held the cat while he took a razor blade to the infected head.  The cat, of course, jumped like crazy when cut.  The razor blade slipped and cut my arm - I had a scar for a long time.  The cat's head sprayed bloody pus all over - it looked like a mixture of catsup and mayonaisse.

Another pet story from when I was young.  Our dog was having problems, so we took her to the vet.  The vet wormed her.  It was so impressive, the vet brought out the worms for us to see.  It was like a huge plate of squirming spaghetti.  I believe we had spaghetti for dinner that night, too.

Those seem pretty mild to me, but one of them made the lady barf.  Overly squimish I guess.

I think they are pretty mild too.  Blood doesn't bother me but when I'm eating and someone talks about puking that makes me ill. 

Honestly though I couldn't have eaten spaghetti for awhile after being shown those dog worms even though it wouldn't gross me out talking about it without the spaghetti in front of me of  course. :)

Sometimes this grosses me out:  I love portobella mushrooms but when I think about slugs when I'm eating the mushrooms and they're sliced they look like slugs so I can't finish them.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Insurgent on November 19, 2007, 09:29 PM NHFT
I was reading one of my survival books recently and came across this quote "The cat, unless it is a good hunter, is next in the pot. Once dressed it is virtually indistinguishable from rabbit" I've heard that rabbit tastes like chicken, but haven't eaten either cat or rabbit before. My pussoms would be scandalized by this discussion!  :P

I ate rabbit a long time ago at my Nana's house, she used to have my cousin shoot squirrels and cook them, (I never ate them).  Anyways from what I remember rabbit has a slightly sweet taste.