• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Dollar currency

Started by joeyforpresident, June 25, 2005, 08:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

He's "concerned" because there's a chance the crappy FRN will be replaced by a superior competitor.  Great publicity for those LD accepting businesses!  Love that discount pizza!  I'd go buy one today if I lived there!

Russell Kanning

If we ever visit the lakes then we will have to have pizza 8)

Michael Fisher

I'm warning you guys that when the Lie-berty Dollar is finally examined by the public eye, the lie will be exposed.? The lie is that they're only worth "$10" if silver somehow goes up 43%.

Mints only make a margin of a few percent on bullion.? Resellers only make a few percent on reselling bullion.? The total profit of mints plus resellers is under 20% (except with bullion created for the purpose of being a collector's item).? But the Lie-berty Dollar makes a 43% margin by lying to recipients on the actual currency.

This is not a game.? There's nothing funny about this.? The LD is fraud, IMO, unless you tell people they're only worth spot price plus 10 to 15%, which is what real pre-circulated bullion is worth.

Stop defrauding people with Lie-berty Dollars or you will prove to the world that, in reality, even those who profess to be self-governed cannot be self-governed and individuals cannot be trusted.

Michael Fisher

Also remember that once you touch a Lie-berty Dollar, it is no longer in mint condition.? Once you circulate it, and it is handled repeatedly, it is now considered circulated, and the theoretical margin of collector's value is gone.

JonM

A liberty dollar is worth what someone else is willing to give you in exchange for it.  If a $10 liberty coin's silver is worth only six frn's and change, so what?  What did it cost the mint to make the $10 FRN they sold to the banks?  You want a scam, look at the currency it competes with.  So long as someone is willing to exchange 10 FRNs for a $10 liberty dollar, then it's worth 10 FRNs.

FTL_Ian

LR6, you and I agree on a lot, but the LD is not one of those things.

The LD HAS been examined and scrutinized, by the Treasury, the Fed, and the Secret Service.  It's fully legal and despite your insistance, is not a scam.  JonM is correct, it is the FRNs that are the scam.  Here's an example that may help you grasp this:

Product A today costs $7.50 FRN

Ten years from now, with inflation, Product A costs $15.00 FRN.

Ten years ago, you stuffed $10 FRN under your mattress, and you also placed there a $10 Silver Liberty.  Your $10 FRN is now worth LESS than when you put it under your mattress, while the Silver Liberty has kept up with inflation, and is now worth MORE (in terms of the worthless FRN), than it was 10 years before.  In fact, you'd need it re-cast as a $20 piece, because otherwise you'd be spending it below its value.

Hope that makes some sense.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on September 10, 2005, 10:16 AM NHFT
I'm warning you guys that when the Lie-berty Dollar is finally examined by the public eye, the lie will be exposed.? The lie is that they're only worth "$10" if silver somehow goes up 43%.

Or you can sell it back to the company reps that will buy it back for $10.  Which means it is not a scam and you are wrong.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: TN-FSP on September 10, 2005, 09:41 PM NHFT
Or you can sell it back to the company reps that will buy it back for $10.

Like me. Currently in Hampton, on the beach! I've been a Liberty Associate for 6 years now.

We also now have an RCO (Charles Hampe, IIRC) just North of Concord.

FTL_Ian

By the way, people interested in learning more about the Liberty Dollar should goto http://dollar.nhfree.com/  8)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 10, 2005, 04:05 PM NHFT
LR6, you and I agree on a lot, but the LD is not one of those things.

The LD HAS been examined and scrutinized, by the Treasury, the Fed, and the Secret Service.? It's fully legal and despite your insistance, is not a scam.? JonM is correct, it is the FRNs that are the scam.? Here's an example that may help you grasp this:

Ten years ago, you stuffed $10 FRN under your mattress, and you also placed there a $10 Silver Liberty.? Your $10 FRN is now worth LESS than when you put it under your mattress, while the Silver Liberty has kept up with inflation, and is now worth MORE (in terms of the worthless FRN), than it was 10 years before.? In fact, you'd need it re-cast as a $20 piece, because otherwise you'd be spending it below its value.

Hope that makes some sense.

No need to recast the Liberty Dollars. Just have two prices. One in FRN, one in LD; $15.00 FRN/$7.50 LD.

FTL_Ian

Good point, Pat.  That will be awesome when we get to that point.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: JonM on September 10, 2005, 12:18 PM NHFT
A liberty dollar is worth what someone else is willing to give you in exchange for it.

Do LD associates explain that LDs are only worth about $7.75 worth of silver during each transaction?  If they did, most people would not accept them for $10.  Try telling people the truth and see what happens.

People assume they're worth $10 because they say "$10".  Why haven't any LD supporters told potential LD recipients the truth before they try to use them?

The truth is my number one priority.  The truth is the only means through which we will achieve freedom.  No amount of LD rhetoric can redefine the truth.  LDs are not worth $10 to most fully-informed people.

If you honestly think an LD is worth $10 each, then you should have no problem buying all of my 1-ounce silver rounds from me for $10 each.  I recently paid about $7.75 per ounce for them.

Who's going to buy my silver rounds for $10 each?   ??? Nobody will buy them.  Why?  Because one ounce of silver is not worth $10, except to some people, with coins that are created solely to be collector's items.

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 10, 2005, 04:05 PM NHFT
The LD HAS been examined and scrutinized, by the Treasury, the Fed, and the Secret Service. It's fully legal and despite your insistance, is not a scam. JonM is correct, it is the FRNs that are the scam. Here's an example that may help you grasp this:

Ten years ago, you stuffed $10 FRN under your mattress, and you also placed there a $10 Silver Liberty. Your $10 FRN is now worth LESS than when you put it under your mattress, while the Silver Liberty has kept up with inflation, and is now worth MORE (in terms of the worthless FRN), than it was 10 years before. In fact, you'd need it re-cast as a $20 piece, because otherwise you'd be spending it below its value.

All of us here know that the law has nothing to do with right and wrong.  LDs are legal, but so are FRNs.  Do you support FRNs?  Legality is irrelevant, IMO.

A theoretical future value is not an honest reason to dupe someone into believing a $7.75 coin is worth $10 when we all know it's not.  Just tell people silver is worth around $7.75 per ounce.  Why am I the only one in this movement who knows the currency values printed on LDs make the currency a scam?

Do you realize that when silver gets closer to $10, new LDs will be printed with "$20" on them?  THEN will people start to see the scam?

Quote from: patmccotter on September 11, 2005, 02:45 PM NHFT
No need to recast the Liberty Dollars. Just have two prices. One in FRN, one in LD; $15.00 FRN/$7.50 LD.

An honest pricing scheme for gas:
$3.00/gal FRN
$3.87/gal LD
2.58 gal/oz AG (silver)

Michael Fisher

LD Associate:  "Hello, Mr. Cashier!  You can go to the coin shop down the street right now and buy an ounce of silver for about $7.75, but I think you should give me $10 for this ounce of silver because it says '$10' on it!"

Kat Kanning

You take $10 frns for that just because they say it.  You could take them down to the used paper store and get $1/1000 for them.  What a deal!